+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract work from USA

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for posting your experience. What documents did you carry for the visa interview and if I may ask the Consulate you atteneded?
The usual stuff in Toronto but they didn't ask for anything. If at all anything, i had quit and left USA before my H1B expiry and they confirmed if that was the time i had moved to Canada and i think that worked in my favor.

Overall, it was friendly. If you are scheduling one, just take it easy and be upfront.

Besides, if one is applying for B1/B2 near the 3 year term in Canada, it shouldn't be a big deal. It would just be a matter of time for one to apply for Canadian citizenship and then on no need of any visas.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
The usual stuff in Toronto but they didn't ask for anything. If at all anything, i had quit and left USA before my H1B expiry and they confirmed if that was the time i had moved to Canada and i think that worked in my favor.

Overall, it was friendly. If you are scheduling one, just take it easy and be upfront.

Besides, if one is applying for B1/B2 near the 3 year term in Canada, it shouldn't be a big deal. It would just be a matter of time for one to apply for Canadian citizenship and then on no need of any visas.
My situation is pretty much like yours and wanted to follow similar steps as you did. Thanks for posting your experience.