+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract or fulltime?

webrahul

Apr 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am currently employed permanently and I have in this job for 11 months and I have an offer for a contract job. If I leave my current job will that make any difference in my CEC application? As I cannot wait till november as my joining date for contract will be this month

Thanks in advance

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Webrahul,

Nope, no differences.

If you read the CEC application guide, it doesnt mention anything about permanent or contract job differences. Yes, only thing you have to be careful about is full time or part time. In those cases, the number of hours required changes. Again, pls do check the guide as few things have changed from last year when i applied. For full time i guess, CEC requires you to have worked 30hr/week.

All the best.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Webrahul,

Nope, no differences.

If you read the CEC application guide, it doesnt mention anything about permanent or contract job differences. Yes, only thing you have to be careful about is full time or part time. In those cases, the number of hours required changes. Again, pls do check the guide as few things have changed from last year when i applied. For full time i guess, CEC requires you to have worked 30hr/week.

All the best.
Agreed! Marked the important parts in red.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
webrahul said:
Hi everyone,

I am currently employed permanently and I have in this job for 11 months and I have an offer for a contract job. If I leave my current job will that make any difference in my CEC application? As I cannot wait till november as my joining date for contract will be this month

Thanks in advance
As long as it is contract employment (and not self-employed contractor), it won't matter.

Arwy

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
I've just called CIC today asking the same question. They said, there is no difference whether it's a permanent full-time position or a contract full-time position, as long as it meats other requirements (skill NOC 0, A or B) etc. The main thing, as said above, is that you must have 30 hours per week (which is considered full time). They count experience by weeks. Moreover, the call-centre agent told me it doesn't even matter if you have two jobs, as long as they are skilled and together give you your 30 hours per week.