+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contest TEFaQ

Chiolope

Apr 12, 2016
Hi, since TEFaQ (or a similar French test) is required for the immigration to Québec, I hope I can still ask that question here.

I just got my TEFaQ results, B1 for listening and B2 for speaking. For listening I miss 4 points for B2. During the exam, the teacher told us we should be calm and she has even seen a few people getting A2 in listening and finally getting B2 for both.

Which conditions must be met that someone gets lifted up to B2 from A2, if not even I get my 4 points? Do you know if I can contest the test? I am super comfortable in French, understand everything in daily life and so that's why I am so confident that the test is uncapable of testing someones performance accurately. They told me I can't, and I smell a big false declaration here. Is that true? You can't contest the test results at all?

Thanks for any help!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi, since TEFaQ (or a similar French test) is required for the immigration to Québec, I hope I can still ask that question here.

I just got my TEFaQ results, B1 for listening and B2 for speaking. For listening I miss 4 points for B2. During the exam, the teacher told us we should be calm and she has even seen a few people getting A2 in listening and finally getting B2 for both.

Which conditions must be met that someone gets lifted up to B2 from A2, if not even I get my 4 points? Do you know if I can contest the test? I am super comfortable in French, understand everything in daily life and so that's why I am so confident that the test is uncapable of testing someones performance accurately. They told me I can't, and I smell a big false declaration here. Is that true? You can't contest the test results at all?

Thanks for any help!
Apply for re-evaluation at CIEP Paris. I guess the fees is 50 Euro and it might take up to a month

Reactions: Chiolope

Chiolope

Apr 12, 2016
1) Do you know if the speaking test could even influence the results of the listening? One of them says yes, the other says no.

2) If yes, then I would reapply because they made organizational errors during the speaking test. My performance wasn't good because during the test she answered already potential questions I could have asked just to fill a few gaps of 6-7 seconds because I wasn't so super comfortable with the topic. But she took them away, questions I could have asked.

So for speaking I got already B2 but I refuse to pay them this college and this institution a single cent more because they make mistakes.

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
1) Do you know if the speaking test could even influence the results of the listening? One of them says yes, the other says no.

I guess not as both of them are mutually exclusive.

2) If yes, then I would reapply because they made organizational errors during the speaking test. My performance wasn't good because during the test she answered already potential questions I could have asked just to fill a few gaps of 6-7 seconds because I wasn't so super comfortable with the topic. But she took them away, questions I could have asked.

I would advise you to put a formal complaint with CCIP if that's the case

So for speaking I got already B2 but I refuse to pay them this college and this institution a single cent more because they make mistakes.

Reactions: Chiolope

NohaGouda

Aug 11, 2020
Hello,
A quick question please. Do you take the TEFAQ exam before or after submitting your docs for the PEQ?