+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contents of the Oath Ceremony Letter (received via email) and discussion

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi Guys, in the instructions me and my two sons received, its showing that each one of us has a different seat number entering zoom?! does that mean we have to use 3 devices?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi Guys, in the instructions me and my two sons received, its showing that each one of us has a different seat number entering zoom?! does that mean we have to use 3 devices?
Hi,
The Answer is NO,

join using 1 device, it would be nice if you have a computer or Laptop but Mobiles and Tablets should work.
After you join change the Name < click on Participants< go to you< more< change the Name to Seat no# 15,16,17 (15-16-17) (this is example). The Agent will change it to any format they like, my Agent changed mine from this foramt to 15-17, but for other participants some have as it was. So now orries.

1 device is sufficient for all. Make sure all appear in the device. Child below 14 not required to attend, even have invite. but if they are with you good and make sure they do not disturb you for the 5 or 10 minute document verification.

Keep your documents on top then childs. Wish you good luck.

P.S. whatever the ID submitted in the order during application they will ask for parent and child both. Keep them ready, + PRcard. work and travel history( she ask me where i work and Address of the work location and company, and how long was my tenure) then home address. Could be littledifference between visa office and Agent to agent. but they cover everything anyway. 1 Scissors (like they say each one, doesn;t matter, 1 should be fine). Passports any or any other documents submitted along with the application.

Reactions: SShehata and mpsqra

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi,
The Answer is NO,

join using 1 device, it would be nice if you have a computer or Laptop but Mobiles and Tablets should work.
After you join change the Name < click on Participants< go to you< more< change the Name to Seat no# 15,16,17 (15-16-17) (this is example). The Agent will change it to any format they like, my Agent changed mine from this foramt to 15-17, but for other participants some have as it was. So now orries.

1 device is sufficient for all. Make sure all appear in the device. Child below 14 not required to attend, even have invite. but if they are with you good and make sure they do not disturb you for the 5 or 10 minute document verification.

P.S. whatever the ID submitted in the order during application they will ask for parent and child both. Keep them ready, + PRcard. work and travel history( she ask me where i work and Address of the work location and company, and how long was my tenure) then home address. Could be littledifference between visa office and Agent to agent. but they cover everything anyway. 1 Scissors (like they say each one, doesn;t matter, 1 should be fine). Passports any or any other documents submitted along with the application.
1 laptop is fine.....just number your room the same as per the email received.
I wasn't asked about work or travel history, just said show PR card and then 1 ID (I showed Health Card, wife's was expired) and that was it, she was happy and also asked is there any reason you shouldn't be here i.e. criminal history etc and we said no. Then we waited about 15-20 before joining everyone in main room where judge went through his bits and pieces.

Reactions: SShehata

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
1 laptop is fine.....just number your room the same as per the email received.
I wasn't asked about work or travel history, just said show PR card and then 1 ID (I showed Health Card, wife's was expired) and that was it, she was happy and also asked is there any reason you shouldn't be here i.e. criminal history etc and we said no. Then we waited about 15-20 before joining everyone in main room where judge went through his bits and pieces.
How many minutes before the oath need to login to check ID and password working

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi,
The Answer is NO,

Thank you so much.. appreciate it!!

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi
i received my oath invitation letter today. the name printed in the Affirmation of citizenship form is not my full name, I have compound first name ( two words), they just printed the first part of my name. On all my immigration and citizenship papers it include my full name. Should I contact IRCC or I wait till the oath ceremony and ask the officer if I need to write my full name. Any advice

mash_man

Mar 28, 2022
Need Help. currently I am PR. I have received the notice to appear/ invitation by email which is scheduled on April 08, 2022. I have a business trip to USA (I have multiple entry visa on my Bangladeshi Passport valid for next 8 years) on April 26, exactly 2 weeks after the oath taking ceremony.
I'm debating with myself whether to reschedule the oath taking ceremony or cancel the trip (which would cost me C$600). Could you please assist me in deciding which way to go?
If I send an email to IRCC to reschedule, would there be any possibility that the oath taking ceremony might push back to several months/years?
Is there any way to get any temporary travel document which would allow me to return to Canada?

P.S: Please note, Bangladeshi passport is not one of the visa exempt countries.

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Need Help. currently I am PR. I have received the notice to appear/ invitation by email which is scheduled on April 08, 2022. I have a business trip to USA (I have multiple entry visa on my Bangladeshi Passport valid for next 8 years) on April 26, exactly 2 weeks after the oath taking ceremony.
I'm debating with myself whether to reschedule the oath taking ceremony or cancel the trip (which would cost me C$600). Could you please assist me in deciding which way to go?
If I send an email to IRCC to reschedule, would there be any possibility that the oath taking ceremony might push back to several months/years?
Is there any way to get any temporary travel document which would allow me to return to Canada?

this is a hard call, the time between the oath and your travel will not allow you to get Your citizenship certificate nor to get travel document ( if they will issue one for you). if you check most of the feedbacks on rescheduling the oath ceremony you will notice that there are no guarantee on when you will be re invited again. Keep in mind there are 450 thousands applications under process. It’s your call to pick which is more important to you.
Good luck

Reactions: mash_man

Das67

Oct 19, 2019

During our oath's document checks my wife and I were asked if we have any travel planned, we said no and I asked out of curiosity what will happen if we do have a flight ticket booked? The answer from the IRCC agent was that they can send the certificate as urgent and you can apply for your passport as urgent too. You may need to try that during your oath.

Reactions: mash_man

mash_man

Mar 28, 2022
During our oath's document checks my wife and I were asked if we have any travel planned, we said no and I asked out of curiosity what will happen if we do have a flight ticket booked? The answer from the IRCC agent was that they can send the certificate as urgent and you can apply for your passport as urgent too. You may need to try that during your oath.
i'll definitely try that. i have already emailed IRCC about this, if they can assist me with this without rescheduling the ceremony date

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

cancel the trip

Reactions: Hussam68

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

Under the current circumstances & the uncertainty involved, $600 loss is a small price to pay. Oath ceremony will not get pushed back by years, but could be months or definitely a few weeks. It's better to get it out of the way now.
Your proposed travel with a firm date (with evidence) is grounds for urgent processing.

crazyhoops

Jan 7, 2015
Hi I came across this post while looking for Oath ceremony reschedule. Can someone help me clarify couple of queries. They sent this oath invitation couple of weeks back and i emailed them with my request to reschedule last week and i got an initial response copied below,

1. If you tried rescheduling your Oath ceremony, how did you contact CIC? was it using the same email which sent the oath invite or through CIC web form?
2. I sent a request to reschedule to the same email id and got this response from the CIC officer. My further queries have been ignored completely and i even submitted a CIC form hoping it will reach someone but they as usual haven't responded. I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher this response. My questions are in bold.

Response:
You have been sent a Notice to Appear for the Oath of Citizenship under sections 13.2(1)(b) and 23.1 of the Citizenship Act. Please note the Notice to Appear is not an invitation as there is no discretion on whether or not to attend.

A request to reschedule a Citizenship Ceremony event is only considered under exceptional circumstances, ie death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of an immediate family member, or other situation of emergency/ critical nature (Will being outside Canada and having less time to travel what with airlines getting delayed/cancelled a sufficient response? )etc. Each request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the supporting documentation ie death certificates, doctor’s notes, departure and return airline tickets or documentation to support the request etc.

If you feel that your circumstance warrants review under this criteria you may submit a request via email to this address. This request should clearly outline why your situation is exceptional and needs to have all supporting documentation included when you submit the request. Once received it will be reviewed and you will be notified whether your request will be accommodated.

If you have already missed your Citizenship Ceremony, please submit a detailed explanation as to why you were unable to attend and include any documentation you may have to support your request. (What happens if i miss this oath ceremony and my reasoning is not accepted by CIC? Will my application be abandoned? )
I actually have only a week to be in Canada and looking for last minute tickets and hope to make it in time. Please share your thoughts.