+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Construction Job

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
anthony26 said:
Is it hard to find construction job in Canada?
Hi,

This is my two cents. What I have found in more then eight months of research is that like in the USA most of the hiring companies are just small contractors and they do no have or want to have the resources (LMO) to offer work to foreigners. I am a carpenter and cabinet maker, in some provinces it is listed at the top of "most wanted" list; unfortunately a list means nothing today due to actual economy situation.

So what is left? Persistence, lucky and tolerance eventually it will payoff. Good luck to all of us.

sannel21

Nov 17, 2010
Hello My name is Nelson
I´m from Colombia now I´m living in Lima Peru with My daughter

I was working in USA in construction and paint
Im looking for a job in Canada
U can help me please

Bye

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anthony26 said:
Is it hard to find construction job in Canada?
No. From Spring to "almost" witner you can find many companies doing public works and construction out there.

During the "snow" season you may want to find a company doing indoors jobs like painting and some remodelling. Also snowplowing could help.

If you want, you can also make your way as a "handyman" announcing your services at kijiji.ca

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only caution is that some construction jobs/sites require you to be in a union to work for them. To get into the union is not always simple and there is more then one union depending on what you specifically do. So just keep this in mind.

Some reference resources for you as you immigrant:

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

twenty

May 16, 2010
any one know of any construction company hiring foreigners now , i would like an arranged employment to build up my score on the skilled immigrant .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is nothing hard to find a construction job in the world. In every country, there are many companies that are providing labour hire services and obviously they are always looking to hire someone for their company. If you are professional and highly skilled in your work then you will not face any difficulty to find a job.
A 10 year post…solicitation.

Reactions: foodie69