+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Constant LMIA Refusal?! (Low-Wage)

kaseylee

Jun 21, 2022
I am applying for an LMIA as a low-wage temporary foreign worker. I used the correct and most recent form (EMP5627), recently updated in May 2022) & filled all the fields correctly and fully. I have received a refusal three times with the response below:

This is to inform you that your Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application was not processed for the following reason(s):

• The applicable and most current version of the application form specific to the type of foreign national you wish to hire was not used.

Has anyone else had this issue?! There is no other low-wage form & I have filled everything correctly, signed the right places and provided all the proper documents etc. They do not leave a contact number to speak to an officer directly and truly, I have just been reapplying over and over which is becoming costly with courier fees. What do I do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am applying for an LMIA as a low-wage temporary foreign worker. I used the correct and most recent form (EMP5627), recently updated in May 2022) & filled all the fields correctly and fully. I have received a refusal three times with the response below:

This is to inform you that your Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application was not processed for the following reason(s):

• The applicable and most current version of the application form specific to the type of foreign national you wish to hire was not used.

Has anyone else had this issue?! There is no other low-wage form & I have filled everything correctly, signed the right places and provided all the proper documents etc. They do not leave a contact number to speak to an officer directly and truly, I have just been reapplying over and over which is becoming costly with courier fees. What do I do?
The forms that you have to submit are often updated so you need to go through small the firms and identify which ones have been updated. Many of the updates are very small changes so you may not have noticed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Unfortunately you're asking about the employer end of the process. We have extremely few (almost no) employers post questions here. My guess is that you won't get any answers to your question.

At this point you may want to consider hiring an immigration lawyer to assist you if you can't sort out what the issue is on your own.

Good luck.