+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consent letter for minor children travelling with one parent

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

Is consent letter for minor children (aged 16 n 12) required for visit visa application if the children plan to travel with one parent?
What are the consequences if no such letter is sent to CIC while applying for visit visa?
Has anyone experienced such situation ?
Please guide.

stcr102

Mar 30, 2020
In my opinion, you should scan the consent letters (one letter for one kid) and update via webform.

Terang1987

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Parents consent is required if minor travelling with only one parent but i think there will be exemptions like the fathers nowhere to be find, no communication, etc.

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Hi @Terang1987

Thanks for your reply.
Can you please guide futher ? How can I present to CIC that the father is nowhere to be found and we have no communication? I have not filed divorce or have no documents for separation as the process is very lengthy in India.
Does an affidavit help in this case?

Terang1987

Star Member
May 12, 2018
You can get affidavit and you can also include explanation letter like when your relationship started and ended.

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Thanks @Terang1987

Let me check it out with the local lawyer to get the affidavit done.
Thanks again. Your response and suggestion is highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @Terang1987

Thanks for your reply.
Can you please guide futher ? How can I present to CIC that the father is nowhere to be found and we have no communication? I have not filed divorce or have no documents for separation as the process is very lengthy in India.
Does an affidavit help in this case?
Do mother’s get full custody of children if the parents are not married in your country? That can also be used as proof.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @Terang1987

Let me check it out with the local lawyer to get the affidavit done.
Thanks again. Your response and suggestion is highly appreciated.
The best way is to connect with father and get permission or any letter signed
Second if CIC asks for a proof of custody without father .. I don't think CIC will just accept as the father is nowhere to be found without any proof that why ?