+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consent form for Biometrics

can101visa

Mar 23, 2021
I'm looking for the consent form required during biometrics appointment for visitor visa. I've seen multiple responses stating that it is present in the VFS Global website. But I'm unable to locate it. I would highly appreciate if someone can please post the exact link.
Note: Google search brings consent form for Dominican Republic and Haiti and the text in it seem different from the Indian ones that I saw in the instructional videos of in youtube.

Harpreet84

Apr 24, 2019
I'm looking for the consent form required during biometrics appointment for visitor visa. I've seen multiple responses stating that it is present in the VFS Global website. But I'm unable to locate it. I would highly appreciate if someone can please post the exact link.
Note: Google search brings consent form for Dominican Republic and Haiti and the text in it seem different from the Indian ones that I saw in the instructional videos of in youtube.
I am looking for the same. Did you find consent form needed for biometric appointment?

can101visa

Mar 23, 2021
Yes I did. This is what I learnt - Consent form details are emailed by vfshelpline after we raise the passport submission webform when instructed to do so in the passport request letter. Nevertheless, I also submitted the form during biometrics as well. Do share your email id - I'll email you.

Harpreet84

Apr 24, 2019
Yes I did. This is what I learnt - Consent form details are emailed by vfshelpline after we raise the passport submission webform when instructed to do so in the passport request letter. Nevertheless, I also submitted the form during biometrics as well. Do share your email id - I'll email you.
Thank you. Please email the form to harpreetkaurharry@gmail.com. Once again, thanks for your help.

ha_can

Jan 4, 2015
Can you please send me the VFS consent form on mail. My mail id : nairhari2020@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2022
Hi All,

I am Jan 2020 FSW applicant. My VO is NDVO. Yesterday I received the information to submit my passport through my online account. While filling the VFS Consent form I came across this question on biometrics. I did not get any instructions to do biometrics. So, I did not do it. I wanted to know that in the VFS Consent form what should I select -
Applicants wishing to provide biometrics
OR
Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics

I checked with the VFS support team, they asked me to select the second option. Anyone can you please share your experience on this.

Thanks in advance!

TheMapleDream

Oct 31, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Hi All,

I am Jan 2020 FSW applicant. My VO is NDVO. Yesterday I received the information to submit my passport through my online account. While filling the VFS Consent form I came across this question on biometrics. I did not get any instructions to do biometrics. So, I did not do it. I wanted to know that in the VFS Consent form what should I select -
Applicants wishing to provide biometrics
OR
Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics

I checked with the VFS support team, they asked me to select the second option. Anyone can you please share your experience on this.

Thanks in advance!
@Canada_Dreams1709 - Since you were not asked to do biometrics then you can leave it blank in the consent form; just fill page 1 and page 2. I also had the same issue. My online account showed that biometrics is not needed. So in the consent form I just kept the above fields blank and submitted. Today I got back my stamped passports along with the COPR. Alternatively, I also checked the GCMS notes that I had issued before and found that under biometrics it was given as "Not Required". So I suggest that if ever you have requested for GCMS just crosscheck once to see if biometrics was required or not.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Canada_Dreams1709
Sep 17, 2022
@Canada_Dreams1709 - Since you were not asked to do biometrics then you can leave it blank in the consent form; just fill page 1 and page 2. I also had the same issue. My online account showed that biometrics is not needed. So in the consent form I just kept the above fields blank and submitted. Today I got back my stamped passports along with the COPR. Alternatively, I also checked the GCMS notes that I had issued before and found that under biometrics it was given as "Not Required". So I suggest that if ever you have requested for GCMS just crosscheck once to see if biometrics was required or not.

Hope this helps!
Thank You @TheMapleDream