+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal To Married! please help me with your feedback

Ramzi Rais

Mar 27, 2015
Hello Everyone ,

Plesee help me with this matter, You can read the full story or skip to the question on the bottom,. THank you all

I am a Canadian Citizen who has lived in Montreal Canada for over 30 years, I met my fiance in Syria 6 years ago, we wanted to get married but her father said he wouldn't allow his daughter to get married and stay alone in Syria and wait for the sponsorship application to get approved. II have my business in Canada so i wouldnt be able to leave it all behind and live in Syria, additionally the situation in Syria is very dangerous for someone like me.

So on Feb. 14th, 2019, we submitted an application for family sponsorship as conjugal partners according to the advice of the immigration office in Montréal due to her father's refusal of our marriage before he is sure that we can live together, once married.

It did not take long to receive Federal and Provincial approvals, and after she submitted the required Biometric forms, The file was then transferred to the Canadian consulate in Amman, Jordan.
We were very excited as we believed that we would finally be able to be and live together within a few weeks. Dana bought her wedding dress and I booked my flight for the 3rd of March 2020 to travel to Damascus with the intention of going to attend our wedding and coming back with my wife Dana( now that she has been accepted ) to Canada.

On January 29th, 2020, the Canadian Consulate in Amman required us to provide additional documents because the officer was not convinced that this is a conjugal partner case, even though we have already been accepted federally and provincially for the application.

On Feb. 21st, 2020, we submitted the requested documents

On June 25th, 2020, we received a response to our inquiry of June 18th, 2020 from the Consulate in Amman stating that because of the Corona pandemic, our file is currently on the waiting list, as the priority now is only for essential cases.

I have not received any response yet not have been contacted or answered.

My question is this , the visa officer of the Canadian embassy in Amman jordan has stated in the letter this not a conjugal partner case, now given the fact that we are are approved both federally and by Quebec, IF I GO TO SYRIA NOW and we get married , can i continue/resume this current file with update of Status, or are we abliged to re apply all over again. ?? please share your opinion

I thank you all for the efforts

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone ,

Plesee help me with this matter, You can read the full story or skip to the question on the bottom,. THank you all

I am a Canadian Citizen who has lived in Montreal Canada for over 30 years, I met my fiance in Syria 6 years ago, we wanted to get married but her father said he wouldn't allow his daughter to get married and stay alone in Syria and wait for the sponsorship application to get approved. II have my business in Canada so i wouldnt be able to leave it all behind and live in Syria, additionally the situation in Syria is very dangerous for someone like me.

So on Feb. 14th, 2019, we submitted an application for family sponsorship as conjugal partners according to the advice of the immigration office in Montréal due to her father's refusal of our marriage before he is sure that we can live together, once married.

It did not take long to receive Federal and Provincial approvals, and after she submitted the required Biometric forms, The file was then transferred to the Canadian consulate in Amman, Jordan.
We were very excited as we believed that we would finally be able to be and live together within a few weeks. Dana bought her wedding dress and I booked my flight for the 3rd of March 2020 to travel to Damascus with the intention of going to attend our wedding and coming back with my wife Dana( now that she has been accepted ) to Canada.

On January 29th, 2020, the Canadian Consulate in Amman required us to provide additional documents because the officer was not convinced that this is a conjugal partner case, even though we have already been accepted federally and provincially for the application.

On Feb. 21st, 2020, we submitted the requested documents

On June 25th, 2020, we received a response to our inquiry of June 18th, 2020 from the Consulate in Amman stating that because of the Corona pandemic, our file is currently on the waiting list, as the priority now is only for essential cases.

I have not received any response yet not have been contacted or answered.

My question is this , the visa officer of the Canadian embassy in Amman jordan has stated in the letter this not a conjugal partner case, now given the fact that we are are approved both federally and by Quebec, IF I GO TO SYRIA NOW and we get married , can i continue/resume this current file with update of Status, or are we abliged to re apply all over again. ?? please share your opinion

I thank you all for the efforts
Unfortunately there isn't a clear answer to your question.

Since you submitted your application as conjugal, it's quite possible IRCC may simply refuse it even if you get married. In that case you will need to reapply from scratch once you are married and submit a brand new application.

We have also seen some people successfully switch to a spousal application by getting married. But this doesn't happen very often based on what I have seen. I think it's ultimately going to be up to the visa officer.

Based on the information you've provided, it doesn't sound like you meet the requirements for conjugal. I would go ahead and get married.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - you unfortunately have a misunderstanding of what the federal and provincial approval indicates. All this indicates is that you have been accepted as a sponsor. It does not indicate that your relationship has been accepted as conjugal. This part of the application review and processing doesn't happen until the file is with the local visa officer.

Reactions: mashulia_26

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Just to add - you unfortunately have a misunderstanding of what the federal and provincial approval indicates. All this indicates is that you have been accepted as a sponsor. It does not indicate that your relationship has been accepted as conjugal. This part of the application review and processing doesn't happen until the file is with the local visa officer.
1. Plus if the OP is able to go to Syria to get married, as he states. Then it is not a conjugal application that would be approved, as there are no Immigration barriers to the union.

Ramzi Rais

Mar 27, 2015
Hi

1. Plus if the OP is able to go to Syria to get married, as he states. Then it is not a conjugal application that would be approved, as there are no Immigration barriers to the union.
Unfortunately there isn't a clear answer to your question.

Since you submitted your application as conjugal, it's quite possible IRCC may simply refuse it even if you get married. In that case you will need to reapply from scratch once you are married and submit a brand new application.

We have also seen some people successfully switch to a spousal application by getting married. But this doesn't happen very often based on what I have seen. I think it's ultimately going to be up to the visa officer.

Based on the information you've provided, it doesn't sound like you meet the requirements for conjugal. I would go ahead and get married.
Thank you for your reply, Do you think given quarantine and covid measures that a proxy marriage is accepte by the government of Canada !? t

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply, Do you think given quarantine and covid measures that a proxy marriage is accepte by the government of Canada !? t
No - it's not.