+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal partnership query

ameerit

Dec 30, 2018
Hello
i just discovered this forum and i was curios to get some help regarding my case of moving to canada, to unite with my 6 years partner, the case is i live outside my country of nationality, after going through some of the documents provided by the cic and consulting a lawyer in the country of my residency i discovered that my partner will have to fill around 12-13 forms to be eligible to host me in canada, the question is; as a principal applicant, what do i need to do on my part.​

i need to understand what i should do on my behalf to get this case to work.​

thanks in advance.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello
i just discovered this forum and i was curios to get some help regarding my case of moving to canada, to unite with my 6 years partner, the case is i live outside my country of nationality, after going through some of the documents provided by the cic and consulting a lawyer in the country of my residency i discovered that my partner will have to fill around 12-13 forms to be eligible to host me in canada, the question is; as a principal applicant, what do i need to do on my part.​

thanks in advance.
You'll need to complete your own forms. This is the link, you can check it out abd see what forms are to be completed by b the sponsor and by yourself.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello

thanks in advance.
Conjugal is extremely difficult to prove. What immigration/legal barriers are preventing you from marrying or becoming common-law?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
the religion of the country i am residing in, the traditions and marital definitions.
That is pretty non-specific. Generally, religious barriers and traditions are considered personal choices. Not sure what you mean by "marital definitions".

It would be better for you to provide full reasons on here so that you can get advice on whether conjugal is the correct path for you to take.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
It's very rare for people to qualify for conjugal so I agree it would be best if you explain it in a bit more detail.

Are you a same sex couple? What country are we talking about? Is the PA able to visit Canada (can they get a visitor visa if they're not visa exempt)?