+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

conjugal partnership issues

Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ive been a silent follower of tis forum for quite sometime.. i also have the same problem with filipinas not being divorced here in the philippines ho has canadian partners.. ive been separated for almost 8 years now and has 2 kids. i met this brother of my highschool classmate back in 1991 here in the Philippines. last 2009 we crossed paths on facebook thru my highschool friend. from then on we started talking on the phone and on skype literally everyday. we eventually fell in love and been running this awesome relationship for almost 2 years now. we both agreed that it would be better if i visit him there in canada for me to see the wonders of his country (he is fil-canadian by the way) so i applied for TRV and was lucky to get a single entry (i thought of applying single entry so next time i will ask him to visit me instead) this could be due to the many visas i have on my passports on my previous travels to other countries. to make the long story short, i visited him last april and went home last week of may. now, i found out that i am 6 weeks pregnant and we both agreed that i should deliver the baby there in canada. will it be ok if i apply for a trv to go there and file conjugal partnership in canada before i deliver the baby? will the baby be able to use my boyfriend's last name? i sent him lots of letters and he sent me some letters too, we have pictures together on my visit to canada recently but he is not sending me money coz i told him i can support myself and my kids and i think its my pride that i dont want him spend for me also he works freelance and has no stable income. will there be help for us when i deliver the baby in canada? he is also the one who sent the money for my ticket but he sent it through a friend who came to the phils for a visit. with the absence of monetary support, can we still convince the visa officer that we have genuine conjugal relationship? is there help for low income citizens like him who will have his baby delivered in canada? pls help...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
cindyloveschris said:
... i am 6 weeks pregnant and we both agreed that i should deliver the baby there in canada. will it be ok if i apply for a trv to go there and file conjugal partnership in canada before i deliver the baby?
Because you got a TRV for Canada previously, you have a good chance of being able to get one again. Apply again using the same proof you used last time. Don't mention you are pregnant, and don't mention you are going to see your boyfriend (unless you said you were going to see your boyfriend on the last application; if it was accepted then it should be OK this time too.) Don't say you are thinking of applying for a PR visa while in Canada.
The problem is you need a medical for the PR application, which includes an x-ray, and pregnant women should not have an x-ray. Some doctors will do an x-ray very late in the pregnancy, but that will be too late for you to get the PR before the birth. So if you go to Canada soon on a TRV, you can start your application, but you will not have received the PR by the time you give birth, so you and your boyfriend will have to pay for costs of the birth yourselves. An uncomplicated birth costs around $10,000.
will the baby be able to use my boyfriend's last name?
In Canada, yes.
i sent him lots of letters and he sent me some letters too, we have pictures together on my visit to canada recently but he is not sending me money coz i told him i can support myself and my kids and i think its my pride that i dont want him spend for me also he works freelance and has no stable income.
You do not need to show monetary support for a successful application, but it does help.
will there be help for us when i deliver the baby in canada?
No, you will have to pay for your medical care until the baby is born.
he is also the one who sent the money for my ticket but he sent it through a friend who came to the phils for a visit. with the absence of monetary support, can we still convince the visa officer that we have genuine conjugal relationship?
You can get an affidavit from this friend stating these facts. However, to prove conjugal one good type of evidence is proof that your finances are joined, so him sending you support would be better if possible. Or, once you get to Canada, since you will be living together, you can join your inanaces as much as possible then. You won't be able to apply for a while (because of the pregnancy and problems with the x-ray and medical), so that will give you time to show that your finances are combined.

Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks canadianwoman for your quick and very informative reply.
i applied for trv last time stating the reason of visiting friends and relatives and yes i will not mention on my application that i will meet my boyfriend like i never did on my first application.
i am planning to apply for trv before i reach my 6th month of pregnancy to give ample time for my boyfriend to prepare our place to stay and save up. also i am willing to go back here in the philippines and continue helping my parents run our family business until such time my pr application is approved.
lastly, do you think i have a good chance of getting multiple entry visa this time? i went to singapore for a week after 10 days upon my arrival to the philippines from canada which might give the visa officer the impression that i am a frequent traveler.
i was also advised by a friend to get a US visa so in the event that i need to stay in canada more than 6 months after giving birth i can go to US for a week and go back to canada to stay for another 6 months. is that possible?
thanks again and keep safe :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to leave Canada and come back to get another 6 months. In fact, it is a little risky because it is then up to the immigration officer if they let you back in. They may feel that you are staying too long. Instead apply to extend your visitor visa when it is close to expiring. Give as a reason that you are applying for sponsorship or already have by that point.

Here is the link for the instructions on applying for an extension: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
depending on where you are living, prenatal services may be available at a reduced cost or even free (typically through a midwife) depending on demonstrated need ... you will definitely show that you are in the middle of a PR application.. you likely won't qualify at all if you are applying as a visitor with no other ties to Canada..

best place to start to find out more information would be a woman's group geared toward newcomers

good luck

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
You can get midwife services at a much lower cost, however you need to decide whether you want to use their services or you trust more a doctor and the hospital system. Unfortunately, as others said you have to wait to complete the X-ray, so you will not get your PR by the time of your child`s birth. You need to be prepared that if you get a TRV and you go back to the Philippines with your newborn, you have to wait out the whole PR process there. It is very unlikely that you will get another one with a PR application running.
If your boyfriend is able to support you and the baby, take Leon`s advice and apply for an extension.

Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks leon, chelley and ditta... i delivered my 2 kids via cesarean section and my doctor told me that its impossible for me to have normal delivery in the future. he lives in ontario, are medical services cheaper there? as ive said he's in the process of finding a regular job and is still living with his parents (74 and 83 years old) so we are really struggling to start our life together.
chelley, i will definitely look into getting help from woman's group that caters help to newcomers (thanks for the suggestion ;) )and will consider leon's and ditta's advice to extend my trv than going out and going back in canada.
thank you guys for all the infos. you are all been a great help. Godspeed!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Well, if you need a C-section you cannot use the midwife at the end, you have to use hospital services- You can follow up with them up until delivery. A C-section is much more costly than a normal delivery- I live in Alberta, one of my friend had a baby last year via C-section and the total costs were around 30.000 $. Something to think about, you will be in debt for a long time for this delivery.
You may want to consider to deliver the baby in the Philippines instead, I know you have to pay there also and it is not cheap either, but...
Which province is your partner living in?

Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
Which province is your partner living in?
he lives in ontario, we would like the baby to be born canadian thats why we were thinking of having the baby in canada.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
cindyloveschris said:
he lives in ontario, we would like the baby to be born canadian thats why we were thinking of having the baby in canada.
hi i just want to mention some things: travelling frequently does not really matter for a visit visa, my partner does travel frequently for business and never overstayed anywhere but still for canada he was refused; i would still apply for single entry, it's less risky
second, health care in canada without an insurance is really costly and u could not really forsee how costly; plus u'll be there in completely different climate, especially in winter time and ur body is not used; if u do have the baby in phillie it will not jeopardize ur future pr application and the baby will still be canadian citizen because his dad is; there r private insurance for travellers but usually they cover emergencies and nothing related to pregnancy from what i know; still it's worth to do some research abt it
third, if u apply for visit visa when u r 6 month pregnant or a little before (that's what i understood) and they call for an interview and see u, what will they think? they will suspect that u want to deliver the baby in canada and probably refuse the visa
think well before u decide anything; best of luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cindyloveschris said:
If you are delivering via c-section in Toronto, you should plan to pay at least $10K - $15K for the costs of the delivery. Although these costs could end up being higher.

Private health care insurance will not cover your pregnancy because pregnancy it is classified as a pre-existing condition.