+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONJUGAL PARTNERS Sponsorship Join Here

E

Erina

Hello,

Since there is no thread for conjugal partners I created one. Let's share our experiences and ideas. I'm surr we'll be great help since this category is a bit more complicated compare to others in Family Class.

Hope for bests,
Always Faithfull

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
23-05-2012 (Medical Examination, sent 01-06-2012); 04-04-2013 (updated information/documents)
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
Hi Erina! I've been watching your thread about the email you received from the visa office. I am the applicant on Conjugal Partner category.
In the beginning we didn't even consider it could be so hard, but after I read some of the opinions I began to have doubts if it was a good idea (Common law was out of the question, I have visited Canada many times, but ever since they found out I was in a relationship with a Canadian resident I have faced only rejections for the visitor visa, 3 last year, 1 or 2 this year - I honestly lost track). Thank God he didn't have problems visiting or I would've gone crazy by now)

For now we can't get married (he needs an appostilled birth certificate if we want to get married anywhere in the world - except Canada, Asia, Africa and South America - he was a refugee so he can't go to his home country to get the appostille, his embassy told him they cannot do anything and I can't get to Canada, where we could get married without problems; for sure they can stick somewhere their ideas of us going to another continent to get married for the piece of paper without any friends or family). Recently, he has been asking friends and family to see if he can find anyone to help him get the paper he needs in order for us to get married in my country and meanwhile I am waiting for another invitation from him to arrive by mail, this time with the express intention of us getting married in Canada, with explanations about the problems we faced. If I get it, we will solve the problem. If not, well, there they have their evidence that we can't get married. I am hoping somewhere next he will have the birth certificate in order if someone will help him (we could also ask an agency to do it for him, but except the costs, the only agencies we found were in USA and since we can't physically see and talk to another human being, we can't trust sending them money and his details about date, place of birth, name etc)

To top that, I am also 2 months pregnant and I will probably have the babies in my country (I would've liked to do it in Canada, but since I can't get there, by the time I should receive the resident visa, I will be too far ahead with the pregnancy to be able to fly :( )

We haven't heard anything from the visa office since my file was transferred in June. It has been stuck on medicals received on ecas since August. According to the new updates about the processing times, I should hear from the embassy around March :'(

Wish you all the best and good luck with your papers!

E

Erina

Thanks for sharing this Yasmine. Have they contacted you for interview yet? or required any additional document at all?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I'm in.. the other Conjugal thread is not in English so I can't follow along. We have been together over 5 years, unable to marry because he is in the Philippines, no divorce, and we tried for an annulment that was not granted. He was denied visitor's visas to Canada, and before that we lived and worked together overseas together, but because of our location (don't ask) I don't think it can be considered common law, anyways it was too long ago. We have spent a lot of time together in person, unlike other couples, and genuinely can not marry, unlike some other couples, and our ages are similar.. so I really think we have a fighting chance at Conjugal.

E

Erina

Steph C said:
I'm in.. the other Conjugal thread is not in English so I can't follow along. We have been together over 5 years, unable to marry because he is in the Philippines, no divorce, and we tried for an annulment that was not granted. He was denied visitor's visas to Canada, and before that we lived and worked together overseas together, but because of our location (don't ask) I don't think it can be considered common law, anyways it was too long ago. We have spent a lot of time together in person, unlike other couples, and genuinely can not marry, unlike some other couples, and our ages are similar.. so I really think we have a fighting chance at Conjugal.
Stephen I think nowadays, no matter how strong a conjugal application is, it'll be challenging, especially for third class countries like ours :(

Please let us know of any contact embassy has made throughout the process, interview, additional documents, questions, etc....

Cheers and good luck :)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I just wanted to say Good Luck to all of you! and Steph don't worry I believe your case is text book conjugal! ;D

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
23-05-2012 (Medical Examination, sent 01-06-2012); 04-04-2013 (updated information/documents)
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
Erina said:
Thanks for sharing this Yasmine. Have they contacted you for interview yet? or required any additional document at all?
Noup, as I said, nothing since the file transfer ::) just waiting

Update: we will have the birth certificate in order in a few weeks, a friend is helping him and they already started processing the new certificate, once it is done it will have to be appostilled. So, in case I don't receive the visa, we will get married here somewhere between Christmas and New Year's Eve anyway :D

Now I just have to find out what papers I have to send to the embassy and what forms ???

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Erina said:
Stephen I think nowadays, no matter how strong a conjugal application is, it'll be challenging, especially for third class countries like ours :(
Um yeah, I'm just saying I think we have a good chance, and a better one then most.. I didn't come to this thread to get discouraged.

E

Erina

Steph C said:
Um yeah, I'm just saying I think we have a good chance, and a better one then most.. I didn't come to this thread to get discouraged.
I too think you ve a strong case of conjugal.

Please inform us of any update.

Yasmine sometimes not being contacted has positive meaning as your app might be straight forward nd that they dont have any specific concern. Usually they go through communication with conjugal applicants to make sure they meet the the definition of conjugal partnership (like my case).

Bests