+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner Sponsorship

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
Leon I have a question too about conjugal sponsorship. My partner and I did one and we got rejected. I immediately sent in the appeal which we are waiting for. Our situation is a bit different though and more difficult but we are 100% legitimate and have no problems showing we are. We met in Feb 2016 but online. I can't fly due to extreme fear and we provided a doctors letter. He is from Albania and they won't let him come here at all even with a visitor visa as he doesn't have money or property. I am much older. On paper it looks like a young poor boy using an older woman but that is NOT us. We have been completely devoted and emotionally attached to each other for over 3 yrs now. Everyday from morning to night we are messaging each other, we never miss a day. When he went to the interview they treated him very badly. The agent was cruel and mean to him. She attacked him calling us both liars. She didn't want to see the proof of our conversations everyday and how much we love each other and want to be together. I reported her behavior but of course they protect each other. He is a sweet kind man and would never lie about this. He is now broken because he believed and hoped so much we would be together but the agent told him he will never be allowed to be with me. That's not for her final say, it's the appeal boards. So my question is, Do we have any hope of winning the appeal due to the fact that we haven't met in person due to our circumstances but that does not mean we don't love each other. The only thing they say against us is our age that we can not be in a relationship. That is judging us. Our hearts are broken and we want a life together. We can't give up even now when it looks hopeless. What should we do? We don't have money for lawyers they are too expensive, we already spent thousands of dollars for this. :( I can't believe immigration treats people so badly as I have heard from others now too.
I would appreciate haters not commenting as we have been through so much already. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Leon I have a question too about conjugal sponsorship. My partner and I did one and we got rejected. I immediately sent in the appeal which we are waiting for. Our situation is a bit different though and more difficult but we are 100% legitimate and have no problems showing we are. We met in Feb 2016 but online. I can't fly due to extreme fear and we provided a doctors letter. He is from Albania and they won't let him come here at all even with a visitor visa as he doesn't have money or property. I am much older. On paper it looks like a young poor boy using an older woman but that is NOT us. We have been completely devoted and emotionally attached to each other for over 3 yrs now. Everyday from morning to night we are messaging each other, we never miss a day. When he went to the interview they treated him very badly. The agent was cruel and mean to him. She attacked him calling us both liars. She didn't want to see the proof of our conversations everyday and how much we love each other and want to be together. I reported her behavior but of course they protect each other. He is a sweet kind man and would never lie about this. He is now broken because he believed and hoped so much we would be together but the agent told him he will never be allowed to be with me. That's not for her final say, it's the appeal boards. So my question is, Do we have any hope of winning the appeal due to the fact that we haven't met in person due to our circumstances but that does not mean we don't love each other. The only thing they say against us is our age that we can not be in a relationship. That is judging us. Our hearts are broken and we want a life together. We can't give up even now when it looks hopeless. What should we do? We don't have money for lawyers they are too expensive, we already spent thousands of dollars for this. :( I can't believe immigration treats people so badly as I have heard from others now too.
I would appreciate haters not commenting as we have been through so much already. Thank you
Immigration fraud happens all the time. People have been in your exact situation but once the spouse arrives in Canada the spouse loses interest of becomes abusive and then leaves. Immigration officers have to ask tough questions. Getting approved without meeting is extremely rare. Have you looked into taking a boat to Europe and then driving to Albania? If you could remain in Albania for a few months that would go a long way.

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
From what I understand in their internal guide is that they will not accept internet relationships. I do believe your feelings are genuine but it does not fit any sponsorship box.

My husband was able to secure a visa to the US although he was denied for Canada. Maybe you guys could get married there and you wouldn’t have to fly ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You have pretty much no chance of winning the appeal. Besides the huge red flags indicating a non-genuine relationship, you do not meet the actual basic requirements to qualify as conjugal. There is no legal or immigration barrier preventing you from going to his country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm sorry for your situation. Unfortunately there's really no chance the appeal will be successful if you have never met in person. I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear - but it's better to know the truth and be prepared for what the outcome will.

However there are still options for you to be together. He can look into applying for PR through an economic immigration stream where he qualifies on his own based on his education, work experience, language abilities and other factors. He can start by researching the Express Entry program to see what it will take to qualify (right now you need to have 450+ points to be selected). Each province also has an economic immigration program that is separate from the Federal one (Express Entry) that he can research. You can find information here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Good luck.

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
I'm sorry for your situation. Unfortunately there's really no chance the appeal will be successful if you have never met in person. I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear - but it's better to know the truth and be prepared for what the outcome will.

However there are still options for you to be together. He can look into applying for PR through an economic immigration stream where he qualifies on his own based on his education, work experience, language abilities and other factors. He can start by researching the Express Entry program to see what it will take to qualify (right now you need to have 450+ points to be selected). Each province also has an economic immigration program that is separate from the Federal one (Express Entry) that he can research. You can find information here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Good luck.
Thank you for your help but no I exhausted every avenue. It looked like conjugal sponsorship was the exact definition of our situation. But I guess not :(