+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal/Dependent Sponsorship

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi. Good Day. I hope someone here can advise me regarding my concern.
My gf and I (same sex) are currently applying for Conjugal Sponsorship. We hired a visa consultancy and we were asked to provide consent form for my 2 kids. Unfortunately, my ex husband wont cooperate and sign the consent form for my children. He was never present nor active in my childrens lives for 9 years since we got separated. He's been living in the US since 2012 and I have full custody of the kids. My kids never got any family/financial support from him unless asked. No voluntary support was given to them. I raised and took care of my kids for a long time without his help. I was also asked to provide custody documents but I dont have any of it. But my kids can attest that I was the only person who provided everything for them and who took care of them. Even my sister in law (ex husbands sister) and brother in law (ex husband brother are both willing to give statements that my children are under my custody.
What can we do for us to be able to bring my children with me in Canada without my ex husband consent? Will the IRCC officer honor my statement including my ex husbands siblings statements proving I have full custody of my children and that I did not receive any voluntary support from my ex husband? Please let me know are the chances with our application with my children. Thank you