+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion with the Name and Given Names field

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Hello People

I need a clarification on a tricky matter that I am up against, while filling up the forms for CEC. Here are the facts:-

Mother's details on her passport:
Surname: S
Given name(s): A aka B (Where A is her actual First Name and B is a name she used before her marriage)

My Passport:
Mother's Name: A S (First and Last name)

My questions:
1. On Background declaration form, what should be filled in the Given Names column under Personal details of Mother? A aka B or A
2. In Additional Family Form, what should go in the Name field under Mother? AS or AS aka B

Please suggest!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
share_SK said:
Hello People

I need a clarification on a tricky matter that I am up against, while filling up the forms for CEC. Here are the facts:-

Mother's details on her passport:
Surname: S
Given name(s): A aka B (Where A is her actual First Name and B is a name she used before her marriage)

My Passport:
Mother's Name: A S (First and Last name)

My questions:
1. On Background declaration form, what should be filled in the Given Names column under Personal details of Mother? A aka B or A
2. In Additional Family Form, what should go in the Name field under Mother? AS or AS aka B

Please suggest!
You might want to go with her legal name / her name on the passport for all the fields. But it's best if you discuss this with a professional. Maybe a lawyer!

Good luck.

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Any further thoughtful and/or experienced inputs will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all for stopping by!