+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding points for official language proficiency section

ali357

Nov 13, 2015
While calculating my points for language proficiency, I noticed there were two subsections: first language and second language. I have my ielts and got overall score of 8. I'm confused as to what I should account for regrading the second language. What's going on here and what am I missing?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
ali357 said:
While calculating my points for language proficiency, I noticed there were two subsections: first language and second language. I have my ielts and got overall score of 8. I'm confused as to what I should account for regrading the second language. What's going on here and what am I missing?
If you use English as your first language, then you can ignore the second, except you take the french test.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
ali357 said:
Second section is for French language proficiency. If you have taken approved French language tests then you can fill up the results in that section. Otherwise ignore the section.