+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding passports request for visa

syedhaiderali

Oct 3, 2015
Dear All,
My elder brother in Canada sponsored me and my mum while my dad isn't interested to go there so he left him out of the application. But even though my dad is not accompanying with us to Canada - still Canadians immigration asked for his medical examination and police certificate. We finally got passport request for the permanent residence visa. The confusion is that do we have to send the passport of my non-accompanying dad as well or not? Because my brother didn't show enough taxes or income with regards to a third member i.e. My dad, could this become a problem we if submit his passport too?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Even if your father is non-accompanying, your brother has to show enough income to cover all of you.

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't need to send your dad's passport for the visa since he is non-accompanying.

syedhaiderali said:
Dear All,
My elder brother in Canada sponsored me and my mum while my dad isn't interested to go there so he left him out of the application. But even though my dad is not accompanying with us to Canada - still Canadians immigration asked for his medical examination and police certificate. We finally got passport request for the permanent residence visa. The confusion is that do we have to send the passport of my non-accompanying dad as well or not? Because my brother didn't show enough taxes or income with regards to a third member i.e. My dad, could this become a problem we if submit his passport too?

syedhaiderali

Oct 3, 2015
scylla said:
Even if your father is non-accompanying, your brother has to show enough income to cover all of you.
Are we supposed to send my dad's passport or not? He's non accompanying member but he has urgone medical examination and police certificate

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
syedhaiderali said:
Yes but why would they ask for his medical examination and police certificate, I wonder

You don't need to send the passport, since he is not receiving a visa. They wanted the medical and police certificate submitted in case he should want to come in the future, you have already claimed him.

syedhaiderali

Oct 3, 2015
Mrschino said:
You don't need to send the passport, since he is not receiving a visa. They wanted the medical and police certificate submitted in case he should want to come in the future, you have already claimed him.
Police Certificate and Medical Result expires after one year, so i still see no valid reason.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
syedhaiderali said:
Police Certificate and Medical Result expires after one year, so i still see no valid reason.
If one person in a family is inadmissible, then the ENTIRE family is inadmissible.

If your father has serious health issues that exceed the Excessive Demand Threshold, then he is inadmissible, which makes you and your mother inadmissible. If CIC allowed just your mother to become a PR anyways, she could then turn around and sponsor your father right away, as spousal sponsorship is exempt from the Excessive Demand Threshold. He would then become a PR despite placing a burden on Canada's medical and social systems. That can't be allowed; if one spouse is inadmissible, so is the other one (and any accompanying dependents).

It is the same with criminal issues. If your father is inadmissible because of criminality, then you are all inadmissible.

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
If one person in a family is inadmissible, then the ENTIRE family is inadmissible.

If your father has serious health issues that exceed the Excessive Demand Threshold, then he is inadmissible, which makes you and your mother inadmissible. If CIC allowed just your mother to become a PR anyways, she could then turn around and sponsor your father right away, as spousal sponsorship is exempt from the Excessive Demand Threshold. He would then become a PR despite placing a burden on Canada's medical and social systems. That can't be allowed; if one spouse is inadmissible, so is the other one (and any accompanying dependents).

It is the same with criminal issues. If your father is inadmissible because of criminality, then you are all inadmissible.

Just curiosity!
Then CIC isn't infringing on the right of the person who doesn't want to do with CIC (HE DOESN'T WANT IT! MAY BE UNCOOPERATIVE since it require cost and examination). But the other family members WANT it not him.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
barse said:
Just curiosity!
Then CIC isn't infringing on the right of the person who doesn't want to do with CIC (HE DOESN'T WANT IT! MAY BE UNCOOPERATIVE since it require cost and examination). But the other family members WANT it not him.
It doesn't matter. CIC cannot allow it because there will be people who would take advantage to bring in family members who are otherwise inadmissible.

syedhaiderali

Oct 3, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
It doesn't matter. CIC cannot allow it because there will be people who would take advantage to bring in family members who are otherwise inadmissible.
Thanks for the answer, i have one last question...
Recently, we received Passport Request form to send them the passports of accompanying members along with photos, and also send them the filled "Updated Information Chart in Appendix A" . My confusion is that, in the Updated Information Chart, do we have to mention the information of my other two non-accompanying siblings who are living abroad in London and Canada?..