+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion over inclusion of holidays in Personal History section

Spun

Jun 20, 2014
I'm currently piecing together the Personal History section from the "Schedule A - Background Declaration" Form but I'm a little confused about it and was hoping for a little guidance, please.

For the last ten years I have been working at the same company, so on the form this would look like:

2006-01 to Present Day - Employed (Job Title) - Home Town UK - Citizen - Company Name

However I have also been abroad several times during that same ten year period, for 2-3 weeks each time (on holiday - mainly to Canada). Do I include all of these trips as well? And if so, how do I slot them in given that the period for my employment is from 2006 to present day?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Spun said:
I'm currently piecing together the Personal History section from the "Schedule A - Background Declaration" Form but I'm a little confused about it and was hoping for a little guidance, please.

For the last ten years I have been working at the same company, so on the form this would look like:

2006-01 to Present Day - Employed (Job Title) - Home Town UK - Citizen - Company Name

However I have also been abroad several times during that same ten year period, for 2-3 weeks each time (on holiday - mainly to Canada). Do I include all of these trips as well? And if so, how do I slot them in given that the period for my employment is from 2006 to present day?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
were you still actually employed at the time you took holidays? Put another way, when you returned from your holidays, did you return to the same job?

Spun

Jun 20, 2014
profiler said:
were you still actually employed at the time you took holidays? Put another way, when you returned from your holidays, did you return to the same job?
Yes I did. Thank you for helping me think of it that way, that is really helpful!

Does this mean that I should only write down the "major" events in my personal history? For example:

- I was a full-time student for three years at University, but worked part-time jobs (including a summer working in Canada) while I was at University. Since I was a full-time student, but only a part-time worker, would I put down that I was studying during this time only?

- For a period of 18 months, I was travelling. I spent the vast majority of that time in Canada (as a visitor) but on two occasions during those 18 months I returned to the UK briefly (a week each time, just to visit family - I did not work or study) and I also spent 10 days in the US.Would I put down the entire 18 month block as one entry, and say "Travelling" (with full details provided separately) or should I break down the entire 18 month period into individual entries for each location I was in during that period?

Sorry for all the questions! I really appreciate the guidance.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Spun said:
Does this mean that I should only write down the "major" events in my personal history? For example:
Basically. If the events overlap, that's ok. If you were unemployed, then want to know when and for how long.

Spun said:
I was a full-time student for three years at University, but worked part-time jobs (including a summer working in Canada) while I was at University. Since I was a full-time student, but only a part-time worker, would I put down that I was studying during this time only?
I would jot down the study and the part-time job. That way, if they have trouble tracing you from one channel, they can trace from the other.

Spun said:
For a period of 18 months, I was travelling. I spent the vast majority of that time in Canada (as a visitor) but on two occasions during those 18 months I returned to the UK briefly (a week each time, just to visit family - I did not work or study) and I also spent 10 days in the US.Would I put down the entire 18 month block as one entry, and say "Travelling" (with full details provided separately) or should I break down the entire 18 month period into individual entries for each location I was in during that period?
I would jot down the 18 month block as one entry as you suggested "Travelling". Provide the details on a separate sheet of paper (and direct them to "See attached sheet of paper".

With this form, they are trying to accomplish a trace of your life. Pay extra attention to gaps in time. It's ok to overlap, but unreported gaps can have them request you to do the form again.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
For what it's worth, I didn't include any work or vacation related travel abroad in mine. It would not have been technically possible as no records were ever kept.