+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion on which portal to apply

FaeDreams

Aug 11, 2021
Hello,

I am applying for a Visitor's Visa with intent to travel in December, and had originally made a GCkey account to start the process just some days ago. However, now I've been seeing stuff about this new IRCC portal, and decided to create an account(I haven't started any processes as yet) and I would just like some guidance on what I should be using. Another issue is suddenly I can't load the page for signin to GCkey. Is it that processing will be phased over to IRCC, or are they separate entities? Any advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Reactions: eatontobias5

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1 ..... I had the same question ... would be great if someone can share some views on this ..

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last edited:
Reactions: eatontobias5

Ragazzo

Aug 9, 2018
I am in same condition. As i have to visit my cousin so i am not immediate or extended family member so they send me to apply through gckey but in gckey i am not able to upload form don’t know why!

FaeDreams

Aug 11, 2021
Follow the link and it will tell you whether to reapply and if you are eligible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
Hi, thank you for the link. My original post may have been unclear but i haven't started an application as yet, I've only created accounts with the respective sites.

I have done that mini questionnaire, i am eligible to travel but it doesn't exactly point to what site I should apply through.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, thank you for the link. My original post may have been unclear but i haven't started an application as yet, I've only created accounts with the respective sites.

I have done that mini questionnaire, i am eligible to travel but it doesn't exactly point to what site I should apply through.
Yes it does. When you answer the questions it takes you to the sign in.