+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion on Fingerprint Card for FBI clearance

auditi

Dec 31, 2008
Hello,

I and my husband need to obtain FBI clearance for our Canadian Immigration.

We went to the nearest police station and got our fingerprint taken on the ‘Fingerprint card’ which they had at the station.

But the “O R I” code on that card is different from the example of the ‘Fingerprint card’ of FBI website.

Do we need to request “Fingerprint Card” from FBI or the one we already got will work fine? And if we need a specific “Fingerprint card” how can we request it.

I was wondering if anyone got any suggestion to resolve this confusion.

A

ankit0uc

Go to the nearest court. Get you finger prints done on a FBI issued card format. It will cost you 20$ per person. Then send it out to FBI with fees ($18). It wont take more than 2-3 weeks.

I hope it helps

A

ankit0uc

Another thing you will also need state police certificate. Just in case if you are not aware.
This will cost you another 40 bucks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

auditi said:
Hello,

I and my husband need to obtain FBI clearance for our Canadian Immigration.

We went to the nearest police station and got our fingerprint taken on the ‘Fingerprint card' which they had at the station.

But the “O R I” code on that card is different from the example of the ‘Fingerprint card' of FBI website.

Do we need to request “Fingerprint Card” from FBI or the one we already got will work fine? And if we need a specific “Fingerprint card” how can we request it.

I was wondering if anyone got any suggestion to resolve this confusion.
What you have is fine, the ORI is just the office that the processed the prints.

PMM