+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion !! Canada banned flights from India!

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
So I'm little confused here. ..When Canada says no flight from India does it mean that an Indian can't enter in Canada till May 30 or flights from India can't enter in Canada?
Let's say I booked a flight with couple of layovers. During the layovers, I'm changing flights and now I'm coming to Canada from a flight which never originated from India. Will I be allowed to enter Canada like this?

Secondly, if I've a PR but currently in India, can I enter Canada without any restriction or does this restriction still applies on me?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I'm little confused here. ..When Canada says no flight from India does it mean that an Indians can't enter in Canada till May 30 or flights from India can't enter in Canada?
Let's say I booked a flight with couple of layovers. During the layovers, I'm changing flights and now I'm coming to Canada from a flight which never originated from India. Will I be allowed to enter Canada like this?

Secondly, if I've a PR but currently in India, can I enter Canada without any restriction or does this restriction still applies on me?
The restrictions apply to you.

You can try to transit through other countries but this is very to do right now difficult due to the number of countries that have restricted flights from India. Also, you need to take a PCR test at your transit / layover point and most airports do not offer this service within the airport.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
So I'm little confused here. ..When Canada says no flight from India does it mean that an Indians can't enter in Canada till May 30 or flights from India can't enter in Canada?

It’s goes by your origin = destination

Origin = India
Destination = Canada

Rules are applicable to you

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
The restrictions apply to you.

You can try to transit through other countries but this is very to do right now difficult due to the number of countries that have restricted flights from India. Also, you need to take a PCR test at your transit / layover point and most airports do not offer this service within the airport.
That's not good !! What if the lockdown keeps on increasing? How do I enter in Canada in such scenario?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's not good !! What if the lockdown keeps on increasing? How do I enter in Canada in such scenario?
You'll have to wait until the situation improves and the restrictions lift.

Reactions: captainarabiia