+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion between Sowp and Bowp

manudeep73

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hi ..I need an urgent help please..my husband's work permit is expiring on 16th feb . We applied for Sowp coz I have pgwp and noc code B job ..but after the waiting of 84 days we got refusal that we did not submit the proof of my employment though I submitted my pay stubs and job letter.. in the mean time , we got ITA under CEC in January and we are collecting the documents to apply for PR. My question is that
1.As we did not submit the documents for PR yet do we are eligible or we should try for SOWP Extension or BOWP ?

2.And as work permit is expiring next month can we go to the border as we already waited for 3 months ?
Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can only apply for BOWP after you've submitted your PR application and received AOR.
Only the principal applicant can apply for BOWP. The other person has to apply for SOWP. If you are the principle applicant in your CEC application, your husband still needs to apply for SOWP.

You can go to the border to get SOWP if you want.

manudeep73

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
You can only apply for BOWP after you've submitted your PR application and received AOR.
Only the principal applicant can apply for BOWP. The other person has to apply for SOWP. If you are the principle applicant in your CEC application, your husband still needs to apply for SOWP.

Thanks for reply.. my husband is the principal applicant .
One more question as his one year experience will be completed on 31 January but we got the ITA before one year ..I need suggestion,can we need to accept the ITA or should wait to complete one year

manudeep73

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hi
As i applied for the extension of SOWP foe my husband and it has been refused that e did not provide the sufficient proof that spouse is working under noc code A, B job. Now we are thinking to go to border Because his status will expire in a month..
Can someone help that which border we should go as we are living in surrey. Please share your Experience ..
Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for reply.. my husband is the principal applicant .
One more question as his one year experience will be completed on 31 January but we got the ITA before one year ..I need suggestion,can we need to accept the ITA or should wait to complete one year
You should wait till you have accumulated one year of experience.

Peace Arch should be the closest border crossing.

rutul2304

Apr 11, 2020

Hello, My CEC file (AOR July 2020) is in process (Me + outland dependent), My work permit is expiring on September 2021, I am planning to apply my BOWP+SOWP together in MAY month as my spouse is still in outland. can I do it together?