+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused! Need help regarding the case scenario...

Prince ghotra

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
NOC Code......
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
sumbitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਅਕਾਲ ਦੀ
LANDED..........
ਮਰਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ
Hi, I made an in-Canada claim at Montreal office in February 2020. I went in person to submit the application documents such as BOC etc.
I was provided with the documents which titles as acknowledgement letters and was instructed that I needed to appear for an interview by the end of March (looks like eligibility interview).
Then, COVID came up and I received an email stating "rescheduling" and got no updates since then like what's happening or what should I do.
I know because of Corona, things aren't going on the track but is this normal regarding the eligibility interview time delay by 8 months?
I am confused that where I am standing in my process or do I need to do something because nothing is happening ( No Work Permit, No Study Permit or anything else ; NO Medical request)
Could anyone clear my doubts?

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Pindimurree

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I made an in-Canada claim at Montreal office in February 2020. I went in person to submit the application documents such as BOC etc.
I was provided with the documents which titles as acknowledgement letters and was instructed that I needed to appear for an interview by the end of March (looks like eligibility interview).
Then, COVID came up and I received an email stating "rescheduling" and got no updates since then like what's happening or what should I do.
I know because of Corona, things aren't going on the track but is this normal regarding the eligibility interview time delay by 8 months?
I am confused that where I am standing in my process or do I need to do something because nothing is happening ( No Work Permit, No Study Permit or anything else ; NO Medical request)
Could anyone clear my doubts?

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, this is normal in terms of the interview delay. You'll most likely be waiting over a year before you can expect the interview. Good luck.

Did you apply for a work permit or study permit separately?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Even prior to Covid, there was a huge backlog of applications. Despite the 90 day requirement, eligibility interviews are taking about 18-20 months. You have a ways to go yet.

Prince ghotra

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
NOC Code......
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਅਕਾਲ ਦੀ
LANDED..........
ਮਰਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ
Yes, this is normal in terms of the interview delay. You'll most likely be waiting over a year before you can expect the interview. Good luck.

Did you apply for a work permit or study permit separately?
Thanks for replying.
No, I made application together when I went for the first time to submit my documents.
I dont have any idea like do I need to do something to get my permits ( like medicals and all ). I just went to the office once and no more updates.\
Delay is normal but I dont know about the Refugees IDs ( the counterfoil type paper), I just have a 2 white documents with with a sticker on one of them and it says NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW.
Just worried about my permit thing.

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Thanks for replying.
No, I made application together when I went for the first time to submit my documents.
I dont have any idea like do I need to do something to get my permits ( like medicals and all ). I just went to the office once and no more updates.\
Delay is normal but I dont know about the Refugees IDs ( the counterfoil type paper), I just have a 2 white documents with with a sticker on one of them and it says NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW.
Just worried about my permit thing.
Hi ur work permit wont be issued without doing ur medical

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Do you still have your passport? If yes that means you're not a claimant yet. I would advice contacting IRCC since you can't work or get the federal health coverage until your status change to refugee claimant and you have the ID papers.

Prince ghotra

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
NOC Code......
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਅਕਾਲ ਦੀ
LANDED..........
ਮਰਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ
Do you still have your passport? If yes that means you're not a claimant yet. I would advice contacting IRCC since you can't work or get the federal health coverage until your status change to refugee claimant and you have the ID papers.
No, I don't have my passport with me. It was taken when I submitted my application and I am covered under federal health coverage.
I am going to undergo medical soon but my lawyer is not recommending it at the moment cuz when I submitted my claim I had big cancer tumor on my foot and I was referred by social workers to some specific type of immigration case which I don't have any idea. I am all good now and planning to start my normal life again (along with stupid cancer ). I dont think blood test would show any signs of cancer history ( biologically impossible to detect skin cancer history from present blood tests).
So, going to talk to my doctors about the medical exam and discuss what they can do or what I should do because life is hard without working while alone in Canada.
What are the chances or time period that I will get my permits after medical ?
Could there be any problem with my amputated toe( toe was cut to remove cancer)?
Thanks for helping and clearing my continously growing doubts.

mrs waseem

Star Member
Dec 13, 2009
No, I don't have my passport with me. It was taken when I submitted my application and I am covered under federal health coverage.
I am going to undergo medical soon but my lawyer is not recommending it at the moment cuz when I submitted my claim I had big cancer tumor on my foot and I was referred by social workers to some specific type of immigration case which I don't have any idea. I am all good now and planning to start my normal life again (along with stupid cancer ). I dont think blood test would show any signs of cancer history ( biologically impossible to detect skin cancer history from present blood tests).
So, going to talk to my doctors about the medical exam and discuss what they can do or what I should do because life is hard without working while alone in Canada.
Could there be any problem with my amputated toe( toe was cut to remove cancer)?
I pray u get quick recovery. Hope u get work permit soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is a very bad idea not to mention your skin cancer. The government has access to your healthcare billing and will know you have cancer. Misrepresentation is bad in general but you will get caught given that you received care in Canada.

Prince ghotra

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
NOC Code......
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਅਕਾਲ ਦੀ
LANDED..........
ਮਰਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ
It is a very bad idea not to mention your skin cancer. The government has access to your healthcare billing and will know you have cancer. Misrepresentation is bad in general but you will get caught given that you received care in Canada.
Thanks for the information. You are really good person and you always helps in here. I just want to make clear that Everything was represented and I know it makes a big difference onto the Healthcare system but all was done in accordance to the discussion with hospital authorities, social workers and immigration officials "as It was told to me". I didn't hide anything even when they asked me what's wrong with the foot, I told them and they said it doesn't matter ( i mean the best Canadian gesture which world is fond of):). I made the claim keeping everything in mind like what's on the stakes.
But the fear of cancer on application would be always there until I get the final decision. Yes, I took a big risk and expected results looks unfavorable but there was no choice for me to make the claim. Afterall, we know Healthcare system keeps records but there is no relevant answer for me to give here.
But finally, I am all good, surgery was done long time ago in February and April and there is no upcoming surgeries ( hopefully) Just normal doctor visits.
Does my past situation counts or how I am doing presently?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the information. You are really good person and you always helps in here. I just want to make clear that Everything was represented and I know it makes a big difference onto the Healthcare system but all was done in accordance to the discussion with hospital authorities, social workers and immigration officials "as It was told to me". I didn't hide anything even when they asked me what's wrong with the foot, I told them and they said it doesn't matter ( i mean the best Canadian gesture which world is fond of):). I made the claim keeping everything in mind like what's on the stakes.
But the fear of cancer on application would be always there until I get the final decision. Yes, I took a big risk and expected results looks unfavorable but there was no choice for me to make the claim. Afterall, we know Healthcare system keeps records but there is no relevant answer for me to give here.
But finally, I am all good, surgery was done long time ago in February and April and there is no upcoming surgeries ( hopefully) Just normal doctor visits.
Does my past situation counts or how I am doing presently?
Thanks
Your statements indicate that you are not planning on mentionning your cancer on subsequent medicals. You must mention your previous and current treatment at any other medical related to immigration. Your health situation is not relevant to whether you will be approved for asylum. You need to show that your life is at risk in your home country.

Prince ghotra

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
NOC Code......
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਅਕਾਲ ਦੀ
LANDED..........
ਮਰਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ
Your statements indicate that you are not planning on mentionning your cancer on subsequent medicals. You must mention your previous and current treatment at any other medical related to immigration. Your health situation is not relevant to whether you will be approved for asylum. You need to show that your life is at risk in your home country.
Oh sorry, No, the basis of claim was not medical reason; it was something else more relevant to the torture in back home country. I am just stating that I did mention all of my medical history and I didn't hide anything. The BOC was not mentioned anywhere above. Just talking about the immigration medical exam and medical records.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Regardless of your claim, it is very important that you report your health issue. I am 100% sure that your cancer issue would have been a plus for you. I have someone who got approved because he got a note from his doctor in toronto regarding his cancer issue. discuss with your lawyer on how you can include your health challenge in you BOC. You can still make corrections if you have not gone for hearing.

Good luck