+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused About Travel Dates

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys!!

I am trying to fill out my traveling history in my application but how does it work ? how they count your travel dates. From what date they count that you were out of Canad.

Should I count the date I boarded my flight from canada for India or Should I count the date when I landed in India from that date.

Please explain it and I hope you guys understand what I am trying to ask here...

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to use the online residence calculator and add the printed and signed copy to you application. (although you do have the option to calculate manually but IRCC prefers the printout of web form). You can find it here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

The day you leave Canada (e.g. board plane that takes you out of Canada) is the date you count as day let and the day you set foot back again in Canada is your return date you count for each trip. Put those dates into the calculator and it will do the rest for you.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thaks a lot ..
I went to India for 5 month but in those month I also visted Oman for two weeks and went back to india then flew for Canada from India.
Do I have to mention that I went to Oman. or I Can skip that and mention only India trip that includes my all holidays for Oman too.

Is there will be any probelm in processing my application if I don't mention that I went to Oman for two weeks?

Bepatient

Nov 8, 2013
You would need to mention Oman. Just read carefully the instructions when your fill in the form.
You would be better giving all the information.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you need to mention Oman. Enter the dates you flew from India to Oman and back in the comment section of the main trip from Canada to India and back.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot to all of you !!
I applied for my PR card renewal but I did not mention for my Oman trip at all. I only mentioned about my India trip because I thought it only matter if you are leaving from any Canadain border for any country and coming back from that country to Canada.
Is it ok if I did not mentioned it?
What's circumstances can be in my PR card renewal application?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And hey guys !!

How do I mention about my Oman trip in my citizenship application because if I use physical presence calculater it ask enter the date when leave Canada so obviously I have to date I left Canada for India. Righ? And I left for India and then went to Oman and came back to India then back to Canada.
And in website it says You must list all absences from Canada the how can I enter the date when I left india for Oman. It wasn't from Canada I had left for Oman.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROSEASHISH said:
And hey guys !!

How do I mention about my Oman trip in my citizenship application because if I use physical presence calculater it ask enter the date when leave Canada so obviously I have to date I left Canada for India. Righ? And I left for India and then went to Oman and came back to India then back to Canada.
And in website it says You must list all absences from Canada the how can I enter the date when I left india for Oman. It wasn't from Canada I had left for Oman.
You should do what rigley had suggested earlier. The Oman trip you can mention in the comment part.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
ajithpl said:
You should do what rigley had suggested earlier. The Oman trip you can mention in the comment part.
I don't think the officer (or whoever looks into this) really cares what post/inner trips you had.
Remember, the purpose of this document is to calculate the number of days that you were out-of-the country.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonimir said:
I don't think the officer (or whoever looks into this) really cares what post/inner trips you had.
Remember, the purpose of this document is to calculate the number of days that you were out-of-the country.
I'm too thinking the same, only the countries of arrival/departure from/to Canada are relevant for the purpose of calculating absences. I wonder why they want to know the countries of post/inner trips?

Do they use that information for other purpose? i.e. CSIS security clearance? Would trip to some countries trigger CSIS security clearance therefore delay the application?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think When you board your flight from any Canadian airport that is count a day one and it does not matter if you have in connecting flight or any stay in any country before your destination country.