+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about PGWP, please help!!

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
Hi, I finished 2 years diploma at humber College in July, now I go to university of Toronto (I extended my study permit), can I still apply for a post graduate work permit with my humber college degree or is it too late?

Can anyone help me understand? Thanks!

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi, I finished 2 years diploma at humber College in July, now I go to university of Toronto (I extended my study permit), can I still apply for a post graduate work permit with my humber college degree or is it too late?

You can still apply for a PGWP. You have 180 days from the day you got notified that you completed your studies to apply for a PGWP.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018

I previously withdrew from my second program and applied for PGWP instead. You can still apply for PGWP even if you get a new study permit for UOT

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
I previously withdrew from my second program and applied for PGWP instead. You can still apply for PGWP even if you get a new study permit for UOT
Thanks for the reply, did you apply in the 180 time frame or not? Because I already passed the 180 days deadline by almost a month

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You must apply within 180 days of being notified of graduation. 180 days ago was early June so you probably still have time.