+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditions and Remarks/Observations on Study Permit

berkancam

Aug 14, 2019
Hello guys,

I recently arrived in Vancouver and completing my mandatory quarantine. I am confused about the conditions of my study permit.

I am enrolled full-time in a public university and I have 5 conditions and 1 remarks/observations.

The 3rd condition says: This permit does not authorize the holder to engage in off campus employment in Canada.

However the 4th one says: May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

Finally the Remarks/Observations part says again: May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

Does anyone else has this contradiction in their permit? I know I can work but I just don't want this to be a problem in the future.

Thank you!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys,

I recently arrived in Vancouver and completing my mandatory quarantine. I am confused about the conditions of my study permit.

I am enrolled full-time in a public university and I have 5 conditions and 1 remarks/observations.

The 3rd condition says: This permit does not authorize the holder to engage in off campus employment in Canada.

However the 4th one says: May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

Finally the Remarks/Observations part says again: May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

Does anyone else has this contradiction in their permit? I know I can work but I just don't want this to be a problem in the future.

Thank you!
You shouldn't have problem provided you follow conditions of your study permit. I have seen that situation in this group, but all above sections you mention are non-discriminatory, provided you comply. so simply, you can work off campus 20hrs/ week during study and full time during scheduled break

Reactions: Anachronistic

danipulga04

Oct 21, 2021
Hello, I am facing the same situation. I am a full time master student. I have talked to different migration lawyers and they say that we should not have any problem as long as we meet the criteria. :) If you have heard anything different please let me know.

Mine says:
This permit does not authorize the holder to engage in off campus employment in Canada.

May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Hello, I am facing the same situation. I am a full time master student. I have talked to different migration lawyers and they say that we should not have any problem as long as we meet the criteria. :) If you have heard anything different please let me know.

Mine says:
This permit does not authorize the holder to engage in off campus employment in Canada.

May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.
It means if you don't meet the eligibility criteria as per R186(F), V or W, you must stop working.

AND you are not allowed to work off campus

danipulga04

Oct 21, 2021
It means if you don't meet the eligibility criteria as per R186(F), V or W, you must stop working.

AND you are not allowed to work off campus

But why? I meet all the criteria to work. I am studying my masters degree full time at a DLI institution and all my classmates are allowed to work off campus. According to this I meet the eligibility criteria as per R186(F), V or W. That's why I am asking, I guess it is a mistake of the migration officer.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
But why? I meet all the criteria to work. I am studying my masters degree full time at a DLI institution and all my classmates are allowed to work off campus. According to this I meet the eligibility criteria as per R186(F), V or W. That's why I am asking, I guess it is a mistake of the migration officer.
So if you meet the eligibility criteria as per R186(F), V or W, you can work on campus.

However your study permit doesn't not allow you to work off campus as stated