+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concern About Receiving Funds During Closed Work Permit in Quebec

WaseemK9

Nov 7, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I have been on a Closed Work Permit in Quebec for the past 9 months, working for an IT company. Additionally, I am a member of a community dedicated to raising funds for those in need. During this month of Ramadan, we have collected funds to distribute among the needy. My group leader has requested my account number so that they can transfer funds to my account, facilitating the distribution process.

My concern is whether receiving funds from sources other than my salary will have any impact on my Permanent Residency (PR) process. Someone has warned me that receiving funds other than my salary might lead to my PR application being rejected, as I am currently bound to my employer.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have been on a Closed Work Permit in Quebec for the past 9 months, working for an IT company. Additionally, I am a member of a community dedicated to raising funds for those in need. During this month of Ramadan, we have collected funds to distribute among the needy. My group leader has requested my account number so that they can transfer funds to my account, facilitating the distribution process.

My concern is whether receiving funds from sources other than my salary will have any impact on my Permanent Residency (PR) process. Someone has warned me that receiving funds other than my salary might lead to my PR application being rejected, as I am currently bound to my employer.
No. It wont affect your PR application as long as it comes from genuine source and declared when filing taxes. Ramadhan Mubarak

Reactions: WaseemK9