+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Computer Courses in Canada

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

Please suggest some good computer courses / global certifications which we can do in India and once we move to Canada, we can lookout for IT job related to the course we have done.
Some on was suggesting me to do certifications like MCSE / CCNA etc so that we can land up system admin job.

Can someone pls explain the IT job scenario in Canada.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Sm9,
IT is a very generic word...it all depends what is your expertise in IT industry.
Certainly if your expertise is in QA and you do just some CCNA certification, you wont get job easily in Canada because you wont have practical exp.
Do some research what kind of jobs you are looking for and what are their requirements. Based on them plan your certifications.

simply doing some certifications is just a waste of your money and time.
Hope it was helpful.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks sharat_joshi77 for your revert. I am currently working in a telecom company but have worked in IT Company as a programmer after by BCA for few years so I have working knowledge of the same. I was keen on doing some courses here in India which are globally recognized like Microsoft Certification(MCSE) or Cisco or Red Hat certification or may be SAP / DBA course so that I can get opportunity in IT rather than doing odd jobs. I want to change my line and move back in IT. I love programming, developing websites. I was told that Android application development / JAVA are much in demand in Canada. So, please suggest that what skills are in demand in Canada and some jobs which pay well as I will be moving with my wife and kid and she will not be working initially till the kid settles down.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
sm9 said:
Thanks sharat_joshi77 for your revert. I am currently working in a telecom company but have worked in IT Company as a programmer after by BCA for few years so I have working knowledge of the same. I was keen on doing some courses here in India which are globally recognized like Microsoft Certification(MCSE) or Cisco or Red Hat certification or may be SAP / DBA course so that I can get opportunity in IT rather than doing odd jobs. I want to change my line and move back in IT. I love programming, developing websites. I was told that Android application development / JAVA are much in demand in Canada. So, please suggest that what skills are in demand in Canada and some jobs which pay well as I will be moving with my wife and kid and she will not be working initially till the kid settles down.
Well, yeah. Java is in demand. I see many postings for developers. I would again suggest that go through the job portals like indeed.ca, mosnter and linkedin and search jobs. See what kind of jobs you desire. All IT jobs are paid nicely. It depends on your exp level and how soon you can get in to a company. Its only you who can decide what course you would want to do....so do your research thoroughly and if you have any specific questions, ma be I can help you with that...

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sharat,

Thanks for all your help and I am sure I would need your help in near future. As suggested, I will be doing my research now and once i finalise something I will come back to you again for your inputs. I read a lot of your posts which really helped me understand the job search methodologies, and initial struggle. I really appreciate the way you are helping new immigrants.