+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Computational Fluid Dynamics jobs (CFD jobs) in Canada?

Mar 11, 2019
I am currently a PhD. student in Mechanical Engg. I have a Masters degree in Mechanical Engg (specialization in CFD), I have 5.5 years of work experience (of which 3.5 years are in CFD). My question is about the availability of CFD jobs in Canada, are jobs available in this field? If anyone here works in the CFD field and can throw some light on it?

Thanks,
Sandipan

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I actually am interested in the same topic as I come from the same field. It would really help others if anyone can give us more info.

Thanks !

Mar 11, 2019
I want to know, as I have a friend you got PR, went to Canada and is still searching for a job for the past 1+year. He has a Masters degree, even with that he is unable to find a job. Again, he is only one example, and I am open to other view points before I take the decision of applying.

coder_immigrant

May 18, 2019
I want to know, as I have a friend you got PR, went to Canada and is still searching for a job for the past 1+year. He has a Masters degree, even with that he is unable to find a job. Again, he is only one example, and I am open to other view points before I take the decision of applying.
is he from the same CFD field?

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Honestly, I am hoping that my prior CFD experience in the US will provide me an edge. I am trying to enter into the reseller's market since I work for a one of the big CFD companies in the States.

*Fingers crossed*

Jan 3, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-02-2020
Honestly, I am hoping that my prior CFD experience in the US will provide me an edge. I am trying to enter into the reseller's market since I work for a one of the big CFD companies in the States.

*Fingers crossed*
Hi,

Could you share if you were able to find a job in the CFD domain and what has been your experience in the process?

Thanks.

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi Abhishek,

Yes - I was able to find a job, rather quickly too - 2 weeks or so (looks like I was lucky). I am now located in Calgary working as a full-time Mechanical Engineer. For the most part, I run simulations on a daily basis. I am now working with a reseller to my previous company in the US.

In general most opportunities are located in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Indeed.ca and LinkedIn are places where most jobs get posted. Also having work experience in the CFD field is valuable. It's certainly faster to get a job if you've moved from US that not.

-Vishnu

Aug 14, 2021
Hi Abhishek,

Yes - I was able to find a job, rather quickly too - 2 weeks or so (looks like I was lucky). I am now located in Calgary working as a full-time Mechanical Engineer. For the most part, I run simulations on a daily basis. I am now working with a reseller to my previous company in the US.

In general most opportunities are located in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Indeed.ca and LinkedIn are places where most jobs get posted. Also having work experience in the CFD field is valuable. It's certainly faster to get a job if you've moved from US that not.

-Vishnu
What was the NOC code you used?

Aug 14, 2021
Which is the closest NOC code I can use if I am a CFD engineer working for ANSYS Inc? I have Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering. I went through the NOC codes for the same i.e. 2146-Aerospace Engineer and 2132-Mechanical Engineer, but in both the cases, there is no specific mention of any simulation field except for one line in 2146. Another closest code is 2148 which mention Engineering physicists and engineering scientists.

Any lead will help me a lot. Thanks in advance.