+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completely confused!

goldilocks71

Oct 1, 2006
I am a US citizen and have been in a relationship with a Canadian citizen for 2 years and would like to move my son and myself there to be with him. I'm not sure what route I should take to begin the process of being able to be with him on a permanent basis.

I have a professional medical job and training, and from what I've read on several sites, I can go to Canada under a skilled worker permit. I also have an oppurtunity for employment with a company that is not related to my medical training, so does that qualify me as someone that can get a permit with a job offer? This company has also showed interest in possibly becoming a sponsor for my transition.

Could I begin the process as a visitor, then change to a worker?

Do I have to submit a seperate application for my son? OR does he automatically get covered under my application?

Can my boyfriend be my sponsor?

Is there a such thina as a fiancee visa?

I would be entering Canada with my vehicle and personal belongings...so is there a fee associated with this?

Many sites say that hiring an attorney is the best way to expedite the process. Are there any specific qualifications to look for when hiring an immigration lawyer?

Can I be a permanent resident in Canada and still retain my US citizenship?

I have so many questions about the process and am looking for the answers in various places... these are some that I have not found any answers to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!