Completed landing at Rainbow bridge

largepoint

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Happy to inform you that I've completed my PR landing formalities at Rainbow bridge,Niagara. :)
My timeline is as follows:

ITA-Mar 27[CEC]
App submitted and AOR-May 20
RPRF request-Aug 25
PPR-Sep 1
Landed- Sep 20

The landing process was super easy, it might have been because we(two dependants and I) reached Rainbow bridge at around 7.30 am and
the whole place was empty.
We had decided to walk across the bridge to avoid complications and hence I parked my car at a paid lot on Victoria Avenue which is 5 mins from the border. The entrance to pedestrian walkway on the bridge is right next to the duty free shop. We walked to the US border and waited in the room for 2 minutes before the border agent called us in. The agent was a nice lady who completed the formalities and gave us the rejection paper (We did not have a US visa). No fingerprinting and no stamp on passport from the US side.
Back we walked to the Canada side , and on reaching there, handed our passports to the Canadian Agent. He asked us if he had any goods purchased from the duty free or from the US to which we replied no. He also asked us if we have any goods following us to Canada, which we again replied in negative. He then directed us to the immigration building on the right and wished us the best.
The immigration building was empty except a couple of Canada border agents. We handed the passports and COPR and were asked to wait for a few minutes by another nice lady. She completed the paperwork , asked for an address proof to send the PR card and asked us a few questions. Then she asked us the sign our COPR and congratulated us on becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada. Told us about citizenship rules and to update SIN/HIP etc. She also asked us to surrender our old Work Permits and Visitor Records. That was it :) . We said goodbye and entered Canada as Permanent Residents :D
Walked to the nearest Tim Hortons and had a hot cup of coffee and breakfast , enjoying the feeling of being a PR.

I would like to thank this forum and the members of the forum who provided valuable information which helped our application a lot. Wish all the very best of luck!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
largepoint said:
Hello all,

Happy to inform you that I've completed my PR landing formalities at Rainbow bridge,Niagara. :)

ITA-Mar 27[CEC]
RPRF request-Aug 25
PPR-Sep 1
Landed- Sep 15

The landing process was super easy, it might have been because we(two dependants and I) reached Rainbow bridge at around 7.30 am and
We had decided to walk across the bridge to avoid complications and hence I parked my car at a paid lot on Victoria Avenue which is 5 mins from the border. The entrance to pedestrian walkway on the bridge is right next to the duty free shop. We walked to the US border and waited in the room for 2 minutes before the border agent called us in. The agent was a nice lady who completed the formalities and gave us the rejection paper (We did not have a US visa). No fingerprinting and no stamp on passport from the US side.
Back we walked to the Canada side , and on reaching there, handed our passports to the Canadian Agent. He asked us if he had any goods purchased from the duty free or from the US to which we replied no. He also asked us if we have any goods following us to Canada, which we again replied in negative. He then directed us to the immigration building on the right and wished us the best.
The immigration building was empty except a couple of Canada border agents. We handed the passports and COPR and were asked to wait for a few minutes by another nice lady. She completed the paperwork , asked for an address proof to send the PR card and asked us a few questions. Then she asked us the sign our COPR and congratulated us on becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada. Told us about citizenship rules and to update SIN/HIP etc. She also asked us to surrender our old Work Permits and Visitor Records. That was it :) . We said goodbye and entered Canada as Permanent Residents :D
Walked to the nearest Tim Hortons and had a hot cup of coffee and breakfast , enjoying the feeling of being a PR.

I would like to thank this forum and the members of the forum who provided valuable information which helped our application a lot. Wish all the very best of luck!
Congratulations! Very similar to our Rainbow Bridge landing three days later. Very polite and efficient agents on both the US and Canadian sides, and a pleasant experience overall. A good place to land.

largepoint

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Dobes.

Actually there was a typo in my previous post, we landed on Sep 20 and not on 15th

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
largepoint said:
Hello all,

ITA-Mar 27[CEC]
RPRF request-Aug 25
PPR-Sep 1
Landed- Sep 20

Congratulations!!

kksai

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
>>asked for an address proof to send the PR card

Congrats ... what is the address proof you have given to them .. i thought they only ask for address not the proof doc for the same

largepoint

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kksai said:

Congrats ... what is the address proof you have given to them .. i thought they only ask for address not the proof doc for the same
Thanks.
I gave my driver's license as proof of address.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kksai said:

They asked that of us, and we didn't have any. So she just asked us to give her the address and we did.

She did also ask us for proof of funds, though - or proof of employment. She said it was directly related to being FSW. I thought it was interesting I could have shown evidence of employment to satisfy the requirement, but I had brought my bank statement and showed that. She barely glanced at it and handed it back.