+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complaint against a visa consultant company Canadian Visa Professionals

MelvinHKM

Nov 8, 2020
Dear sir/madam,

My name is Melvin Mahendran and I am from Malaysia. I registered for a migration program with my wife Rachel Easaw and my 4 kids about 2 years ago through this
company called Canadian Visa Professionals and my consultant in charge is named David Elias. They have been requesting payments every 2 months under the pretext of
express entry and optional greencard entry to US too. Me and my wife finally stopped paying last year and ever since have requested a refund but it has been to no avail.
I would like to know my next course of action. Do I contact the Canadian embassy in Malaysia or what do I do? Thanks

MelvinHKM

Nov 8, 2020
I am very appalled by this company and the way things are paractised in Canada or am I being too bias?.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am very appalled by this company and the way things are paractised in Canada or am I being too bias?.
This company has nothing to do with the Canadian government or Canadian immigration. In fact the company isn’t headquartered in canada. You should have done your home work as their main page states,

The CanadianVP.com website is owned and operated by CVP Global Services Limited, Registration Number 10816717, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, WC1H 9BQ, London, UK, which is a private international company that is not related to Canada’s government or the ICCRC and is not a member or agent of the ICCRC.

The company is not a registered agent. Use a registered agent. The embassy will not help you.
https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/

MelvinHKM

Nov 8, 2020
This company has nothing to do with the Canadian government or Canadian immigration. In fact the company isn’t headquartered in canada. You should have done your home work as their main page states,

The CanadianVP.com website is owned and operated by CVP Global Services Limited, Registration Number 10816717, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, WC1H 9BQ, London, UK, which is a private international company that is not related to Canada’s government or the ICCRC and is not a member or agent of the ICCRC.

The company is not a registered agent. Use a registered agent. The embassy will not help you.
https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/
So are you saying that nothing can be done. Or are you just trying to avoid the issue

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear sir/madam,

My name is Melvin Mahendran and I am from Malaysia. I registered for a migration program with my wife Rachel Easaw and my 4 kids about 2 years ago through this
company called Canadian Visa Professionals and my consultant in charge is named David Elias. They have been requesting payments every 2 months under the pretext of
express entry and optional greencard entry to US too. Me and my wife finally stopped paying last year and ever since have requested a refund but it has been to no avail.
I would like to know my next course of action. Do I contact the Canadian embassy in Malaysia or what do I do? Thanks
You will need to file a police report in your home country and pursue this company through the court system of your home country if you want to try to get a refund.

The Canadian embassy is not going to help you. This company is in no way connected to the Canadian government. It's a private company (it sounds like a fraudulent company).

For future reference, there is no need to pay a consultant to immigrate to Canada. You can do it yourself. The official Canadian government web site is here with information on how to apply yourself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So are you saying that nothing can be done. Or are you just trying to avoid the issue
No one is avoiding the issue. We hear reports of fraud on this forum all of the time and we hate fraudsters. They are bad people.

The Canadian embassy / government cannot help you. This company is in no way associated with them and won't even be located in Canada.

Your only option is the police / court system of your own country.

Good luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to be clear, this isn't how things are practiced in Canada. This company isn't located in Canada (they are lying about being located in Canada). As said above, they are not a registered consultant located in Canada. They are fraudsters located outside of Canada who lie to good people to get money out of them.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Totally not helpful info at all
Ok. File a police report in your home country as this “immigration consultant“ is not registered through IIRC & has no affiliation with Canada or the Canadian government. Or find out where the company is registered (UK, I believe) and file a report there or with the RCMP. If you want to use an agent (and you don’t need one as the application process is laid out) then use a registered agent. The embassy will tell you to do the same. There are many fraudulent immigration companies and agents. See notes for fraud from the Canadian Immigration Regulatory Council.

https://iccrc-crcic.ca/fraud-prevention/

oh and on public forums don’t use your full name or your spouse’s full name.

suresh320

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Quite frankly you have been duped! As Naturgrl mentioned earlier that basic background research should have been done. Unfortunately, your options are limited as this is a private matter. The IRCC will not help you in any way nor will the local Canadian embassy.