+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company transfer and then PR

m-ict-pr

Jul 25, 2020
Hey Experts,

I am new to this forum and have a some basic questions.
I am an H1B holder with an approved I140 with no hope of meeting my PD.
I am planning to ask my company to transfer to its Canadian entity. Also they’ll be able to help me with the PR application. What do you think about this procedure?
My EE score currently is in late 300’s hence I am looking for company transfer.
If this question has been already answered it would be great if you can point me to the discussion.
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey Experts,

I am new to this forum and have a some basic questions.
I am an H1B holder with an approved I140 with no hope of meeting my PD.
I am planning to ask my company to transfer to its Canadian entity. Also they’ll be able to help me with the PR application. What do you think about this procedure?
My EE score currently is in late 300’s hence I am looking for company transfer.
If this question has been already answered it would be great if you can point me to the discussion.
Thanks in advance.
You will need to work for your company for a full year in Canada before you will be able to claim 50 points under Express Entry for having a job offer.

So it's fine as a plan. However you must likely won't be able to get selected for PR immediately since you have insufficinet points. You'll need to work in Canada for a year to have a decent chance given your score is so low.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
If you moving to BC go for PNp , that is only province where job offer gets you points without LMIA. This can be done on day 1 of your landing in canada

m-ict-pr

Jul 25, 2020
Thank you @scylla and @Rahul81 for your responses.

I am ok to wait for an year before starting PR process. Also, I understand it will beneficial to move to BC as compared to others.

Anything else you would want me to consider before contemplating this move?

thanks

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Last thing your job offer needs to be open end letter with no end date, than you apply bc pnp and if you are approved 600 points and you are set for express entry

Reactions: scylla

m-ict-pr

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks again @Rahul81
do you foresee any risks in this move keeping in mind I may need to wait for an year before applying PR and also considering I140 is approved but obviously there is no sight on PD?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I can suggest one more thing

Come here on work permit and get you PNP moving and pray that situation normalizes and Trump is out. Than after one year move back on L-1A and get ur green card in less than one year.

Sounds very optimistic but you only get rewarded If you take an action and not just waiting things to happen for you. By the way I am not visa expert but I do read a lot of these things just for my knowledge

m-ict-pr

Jul 25, 2020
Well completely agree on the part that you need to take an action.

Personally, I can’t keep hopping countries so want to take a path if it helps in the long term. So the idea is only try getting transferred if its going to work out in Canada.

understand you’re not a visa expert but I am looking for perspectives and really appreciate your inputs.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Well you need to understand that we are comparing 2 trillion dollar economy with 20 trillion dollar economy. So, chances in future gets reduced as agains5 US which is land of opportunities. But if you don’t have visibility of permanent settlement makes no sense in staying over there and try ur luck in some other territory. In ur case if u have secure job when u move here I think no harm in giving a try to this.

m-ict-pr

Jul 25, 2020
Appreciate your words. Yeah the uncertainties are driving me towards this thought process.

thanks again.

sunnnyc

Sep 19, 2020
@m-ict-pr (or anyone who been through a similar situation)

What did you end up doing? Could you share your experience so far?

I am in a VERY similar situation and seriously consider moving to BC on ICT and then apply under BC PNP under tech pilot.

The only thing am not sure about is whether to get ICT, land in BC, and then apply under tech pilot or use ICT underlying job offer to apply for BC tech pilot directly first, then wp/ict to cover the PR wait period. Yes, with family and other labilities so trying to play safe as much as possible.

m-ict-pr

Jul 25, 2020
I am still figuring out all the details. In the same boat with family and kids so have to play safe.
Until now, the plan is ask my employer for ICT. Wait for a year to get some points and apply for PR.