+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law sponsorship - what is "proof of common law" and what is the payment number?

prsoon0595

Jan 18, 2024
My girlfriend is applying for PR and is adding me as an accompanying common law partner. We sent webform and got a document list as response, but still have some questions:
  1. The webform mentioned "proof of common law relationship", what is it? I did some online search and found Sponsoring your spouse, partner or dependent child, is this what we should follow? I can see it asks for IMM5589, IMM1344, and IMM5532 forms.
  2. For proof of payment, we're given the payment page link. I'm see a fee of $1365 (processing fee ($850) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)), is this accurate? She has paid her application fees before, so what we're paying now is just adding me.

Many thanks! Attaching IRCC's response to our webform below in case anyone needs it:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request by using the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My girlfriend is applying for PR and is adding me as an accompanying common law partner. We sent webform and got a document list as response, but still have some questions:
  1. The webform mentioned "proof of common law relationship", what is it? I did some online search and found Sponsoring your spouse, partner or dependent child, is this what we should follow? I can see it asks for IMM5589, IMM1344, and IMM5532 forms.
  2. For proof of payment, we're given the payment page link. I'm see a fee of $1365 (processing fee ($850) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)), is this accurate? She has paid her application fees before, so what we're paying now is just adding me.

Many thanks! Attaching IRCC's response to our webform below in case anyone needs it:
You should be posting in an economic immigration section of the forum since neither of you is being sponsored.

For evidence of common law, you should be providing evidence to show you have cohabitated continuously for at least one year. This is evidence such as joint leases, joint bank accounts, joint utility bills, joint tax returns, etc.

prsoon0595

Jan 18, 2024
You should be posting in an economic immigration section of the forum since neither of you is being sponsored.

For evidence of common law, you should be providing evidence to show you have cohabitated continuously for at least one year. This is evidence such as joint leases, joint bank accounts, joint utility bills, joint tax returns, etc.
Many thanks! Let me re-post it to economic section.
Btw, do you know for "evidence of common law", is there forms we need to download and fill out, or simply send evidence? Thank you so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Many thanks! Let me re-post it to economic section.
Btw, do you know for "evidence of common law", is there forms we need to download and fill out, or simply send evidence? Thank you so much!
Ask in the right economic immigration section of the forum. The posts in this section are for family sponsorship. This involves different processes and forms.