+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law sponsorship OUTLAND

marie_lalala

Nov 14, 2018
Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend want to apply for common-law. We will hit the 1 year living together mark in July.
I am in Canada on LMIA and would want to leave home after we complete the year.
Can we still apply OUTLAND and have the one year living in Canada together as proof of a relationship?

Also,
I am considering going home for 3 weeks (without him) to be with my family. Would that break the cohabiting?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend want to apply for common-law. We will hit the 1 year living together mark in July.
I am in Canada on LMIA and would want to leave home after we complete the year.
Can we still apply OUTLAND and have the one year living in Canada together as proof of a relationship?

Also,
I am considering going home for 3 weeks (without him) to be with my family. Would that break the cohabiting?

Thank you!
Yes, you can apply outland after leaving Canada. If you plan to apply right after one year of cohabitation, ensure that you have SOLID common-law proofs from day 1 to day 365.

I suggest you keep it under 3 weeks, otherwise it could be seen as too much of a break.

marie_lalala

Nov 14, 2018
Thank you so much!
just to be clear, we would have to separate for some time with my boyfriend. I would go back home and he would stay here. Is that still OK for immigration or do we need to continue to stay together?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much!
just to be clear, we would have to separate for some time with my boyfriend. I would go back home and he would stay here. Is that still OK for immigration or do we need to continue to stay together?
You can live apart after establishing common-law.