+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law question

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Good evening,

I have a question: This month will be 1 year as I live with my bf. He is Canadian, I am not.
I need to extend my visa this month and also I suppose to apply for PR this year (through skilled work program). My documents don't depend on him.
My bf doesn't want to declare common law, but I know that I need it, not only because of CRA but also because I am afraid of misrepresenting information in my documents.

What kind of options do I have? Only move out, changed address, and declare myself single? Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good evening,

I have a question: This month will be 1 year as I live with my bf. He is Canadian, I am not.
I need to extend my visa this month and also I suppose to apply for PR this year (through skilled work program). My documents don't depend on him.
My bf doesn't want to declare common law, but I know that I need it, not only because of CRA but also because I am afraid of misrepresenting information in my documents.

What kind of options do I have? Only move out, changed address, and declare myself single? Thank you.
Regardless of what he wants, once you become common-law, you need to list your status as common-law in any immigration app and both need to change your status with CRA.