+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law for Internationals

juliedimma

Feb 24, 2020
Hello everybody. I am an international and came to Canada for studying in 2016 and graduated from college in 2018 and I got my diploma. I also have my work permit too.However, I do not work right now, Me and my boyfriend want to apply for Common Law. He had an refugee status but now he got his PR. (he came to canada in 2016) However, he is not working right now. In order to apply for common law.
1-Does he have to sponsor me ?
2-Does he have to work?
3-Can you please give me some information how can I find these types of questions and answers?

Thank you. Have a good day.

juliedimma

Feb 24, 2020
thank you for your quick response. However, I really dont understand why he needs to sponsor me. we are not getting married we are being partners under common law. why he has to sponsor me I can pay my all expenses by myself too.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
thank you for your quick response. However, I really dont understand why he needs to sponsor me. we are not getting married we are being partners under common law. why he has to sponsor me I can pay my all expenses by myself too.
If he doesn't sponsor you, you must qualify for PR on your own.

When you apply for PR, you must declare your common law relationship.

Then the lies around his refugee claim and sexuality will be discovered and there will be a fraud investigation.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
If he doesn't sponsor you, you must qualify for PR on your own.

When you apply for PR, you must declare your common law relationship.

Then the lies around his refugee claim and sexuality will be discovered and there will be a fraud investigation.
They are living together since 2016 so when he got his PR he didnt disclose that he had a common law partner so he cannot sponsor her