+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming to Canada as a Teacher

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I have applied for my study permit and is awaiting the response.
I have a teaching background and would like to have this option available when I get to Canada; as such I have started the process in applying for the license. (Saskatchewan) I was advised by the regulatory board that citizensip or PR status does not affect getting a license.

I would like to find out if an international student can work as a teacher with the requisite license?
Yes you are legally able to work as a teacher if you are licensed and studying full-time. There is a condition on your visa that must be removed. That can be dine with a medical which you may already have done in the past year.

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hello, Anyone knows about this program at Queen University
Post-Graduate Certificate for Internationally Trained Teachers

My doubt:

Normally when we apply for Study Visa, we have to convince the visa officer that we will go back to our home country after finishing the course.
But this above course is specially for Internationally trained teachers who wants to become a certified Teacher in Ontario.

Anybody having experience in suggesting some tips to write a SOP in this case?

Thanks in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, Anyone knows about this program at Queen University
Post-Graduate Certificate for Internationally Trained Teachers

My doubt:

Normally when we apply for Study Visa, we have to convince the visa officer that we will go back to our home country after finishing the course.
But this above course is specially for Internationally trained teachers who wants to become a certified Teacher in Ontario.

Anybody having experience in suggesting some tips to write a SOP in this case?

Thanks in advance
I think the intension of this program is for internationally trained teachers who are now PRs or citizens.
It would be hard to proof that you will returne to your home country but is trying to apply to an Ontario specific training.

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
I think the intension of this program is for internationally trained teachers who are now PRs or citizens.
It would be hard to proof that you will returne to your home country but is trying to apply to an Ontario specific training.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think is better to apply for this course from India?