+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Combining part time and full time jobs for CEC

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I have a question, if I work part time for a year with one NOC and part time for another year with different NOC. Am I eligible for CEC?

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Hi Everyone,
I have a question, if I work part time for a year with one NOC and part time for another year with different NOC. Am I eligible for CEC?
Yes if you satisfy the 1560 hour minimum requirement over the two year period and both are qualifying NOC code jobs. You can count a maximum of 30hours in any week of work. You will need a letter for each job worked when you apply.

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Thank you, and what if I have worked part time for a year and six months full time the next year. Do I need to wait for one year full time completion or I can still apply?

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Thank you, and what if I have worked part time for a year and six months full time the next year. Do I need to wait for one year full time completion or I can still apply?
If you have worked the equivalent of one year full time (1560 hours counting a maximum of 30 hours in any one week) you can set up your profile and hopefully get an ITA then apply. So it could be less than 18 months if your part time work was say 20 hours per week. (20 x 39 weeks plus 30 x 26 weeks -61 weeks total).

aman261096

Nov 3, 2020
Hey,
Need some confirmation.
I have 6 months of part time experience and 9 months of full time experience. Can I combine both and count as a year of experience?
Nothing is mentioned specifically on the CIC website.
Much appreciated!

Reactions: jhunix

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Hey,
Need some confirmation.
I have 6 months of part time experience and 9 months of full time experience. Can I combine both and count as a year of experience?
Much appreciated!
Yes you can combine if both jobs qualify. Count 30 hours for each full time week and hours up to 30 hours in any week for the part time job. If you get to 1560 hours you have the equivalent of one years full time. You can only count a maximum of 30 hours for any week as IRCC define full time as 30 hours.

AbhishekNene

May 20, 2020
Hello guys
I have a question regarding work experience under CEC...I received my ITA and in my employment letter, it says part time 32/hrs week
I was employed as a part time employee and j have worked there for 18 months with atleast 32 hours a week (most of the weeks it's above 40)
So is it ok to put Part time 32/hrs per week
This is my primary experience
Will it be ok or I have to work 2 years regardless of hours if I am part time
Any help will be appreciated

Reactions: jhunix

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello guys
I have a question regarding work experience under CEC...I received my ITA and in my employment letter, it says part time 32/hrs week
I was employed as a part time employee and j have worked there for 18 months with atleast 32 hours a week (most of the weeks it's above 40)
So is it ok to put Part time 32/hrs per week
This is my primary experience
Will it be ok or I have to work 2 years regardless of hours if I am part time
Any help will be appreciated

Hi, just want to ask what happened to your application. Did you apply already under CEC?

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hey,
Need some confirmation.
Much appreciated!

Hey, I am in the same boat as you are. I'm just wondering what happened to your application now. Did you already applied for CEC and got your PR?

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Hey,
Need some confirmation.
Much appreciated!
@legalfalcon l am in pretty much same situation. Can I have your advice? Same job but part-time for 2 months, full-time after that. Can I combine the part time hours (equal to 1 month full time) with 11 months I work full time? Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey, I am in the same boat as you are. I'm just wondering what happened to your application now. Did you already applied for CEC and got your PR?
@legalfalcon l am in pretty much same situation. Can I have your advice? Same job but part-time for 2 months, full-time after that. Can I combine the part time hours (equal to 1 month full time) with 11 months I work full time? Thank you

Calculating work experience for CEC

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work).

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work, for example:

• 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at:
    • Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations);
    • Skill Level A (Professional occupations); or
    • Skill Level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the NOC.
  • Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.
For a student who had graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution, only work experience gained after graduation will count towards meeting the work experience requirement (e.g., post-graduate work permit).