+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit processing time inside Canada

Nav1108

Mar 9, 2024
I'm wondering if anyone here is in a similar situation. Does anyone have any insight into the processing time for a closed work permit within Canada? My employer applied for an LMIA, and it was approved in the last week of January 2024. Subsequently, my employer applied for a closed work permit on 20 Feb 2024 as my PGWP was nearing its expiration. I've been provided with a proof of work authorization letter to work for a new employer or occupation until a decision is made on my current work permit application. Does anyone know the typical processing time for a closed work permit in Canada? If anyone has gone through this process, could you please share your timeline? P.S.: The consultant handling my case mentioned that we are not supposed to inquire about the timeline or any updates on it. They assured me they would inform me if there are any updates on my applications. Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone here is in a similar situation. Does anyone have any insight into the processing time for a closed work permit within Canada? My employer applied for an LMIA, and it was approved in the last week of January 2024. Subsequently, my employer applied for a closed work permit on 20 Feb 2024 as my PGWP was nearing its expiration. I've been provided with a proof of work authorization letter to work for a new employer or occupation until a decision is made on my current work permit application. Does anyone know the typical processing time for a closed work permit in Canada? If anyone has gone through this process, could you please share your timeline? P.S.: The consultant handling my case mentioned that we are not supposed to inquire about the timeline or any updates on it. They assured me they would inform me if there are any updates on my applications. Thanks in advance!
What NOC? Looking at multiple months in most cases.

Love29

May 6, 2022
We applied on 1st January closed work permit lmia based. We still waiting for medical and biometrics request. I think it takes near about 4-5 months.

Ranuharman

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Can anyone help me im On PGWP and expiring on 25 march .. im going ti apply for visitor but confused what do i say in purpose of my visit on IMM 5708 form.???

AlyOfficial13

Aug 22, 2023
Hello! I have questions. I applied for my Work permit and PR application. Does applying for PR affect my work permit? I applied for my Work permit on December 3 2023, and for Pr was in mid-January. I wanted to know because I have not received my work permit status. Do I need to call the IRCC about and tried doing the web form but I still got no reply from them only the computer.

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Nav1108

Mar 9, 2024
Hello! I have questions. I applied for my Work permit and PR application. Does applying for PR affect my work permit? I applied for my Work permit on December 3 2023, and for Pr was in mid-January. I wanted to know because I have not received my work permit status. Do I need to call the IRCC about and tried doing the web form but I still got no reply from them only the computer.

Your replies will be much appreciated.
Did you applied closed work permit or open work permit?