+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit extension

mammu.529

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
We r in closed work permit from 5 yrs. This yr my work permit will expire. Can I get extension again. Don’t have any problem with job. I want to know any specific rules on work permit stay( number of years).

Deepuvnma

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
I am an International student who completed my studies here in Canada and on a work permit.

Due to my passport expiry date, I got 2 years of work permit instead of 3 years. when I went to flagpoling at the border to get my work permit and immigration office said I can apply for my work permit extension for one more year.

My passport and work permit is about to expire on Aug 10, 2021. I have applied for my passport renewal and it takes 2 months to get a new passport.

I will be out of status before I get my new passport. how can I apply for my work permit extension without my new passport in hand?

Please let me know what are precautions to be taken to save my status.

Annak92

Apr 18, 2021
I am an International student who completed my studies here in Canada and on a work permit.

Due to my passport expiry date, I got 2 years of work permit instead of 3 years. when I went to flagpoling at the border to get my work permit and immigration office said I can apply for my work permit extension for one more year.

My passport and work permit is about to expire on Aug 10, 2021. I have applied for my passport renewal and it takes 2 months to get a new passport.

I will be out of status before I get my new passport. how can I apply for my work permit extension without my new passport in hand?

Please let me know what are precautions to be taken to save my status.
Hello... Did u flagpole recently.. is it allowed ?