+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CLB test for immigration

rodik

Aug 25, 2014
Hi,
I live in Germany but I'm only used to american english. I do not think I will get enough points in IELTS as british, australian accents are very difficult for me. I have alreade give a try and it was not good.
My decision is to travel to Canada to take the CLB somewhere there, but I read that it is only allowed for permanent residents.
I need Information about it as will apply for Immigration but I Need the proof of language proficiency.
Thanks in advance

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rodik said:
Hi,
I live in Germany but I'm only used to american english. I do not think I will get enough points in IELTS as british, australian accents are very difficult for me. I have alreade give a try and it was not good.
My decision is to travel to Canada to take the CLB somewhere there, but I read that it is only allowed for permanent residents.
I need Information about it as will apply for Immigration but I Need the proof of language proficiency.
Thanks in advance
1. If understanding accents are your issues - listening is only 1 part of the test. You'll also need to do a writing, speaking, and reading section. Also, it's not that big of a deal if you practice listening to it enough and get use to it.

2. You tried it and it was not good so you are giving up? If immigrating is that important for you, you shouldn't give up. Instead, you should practice harder to achieve a better score.

3. And, it's a language test - not CLB Test. CLB = the level of your scores.

4. An alternative to IELTS is the CELPIP which you can read it here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t129881.0.html

5. Finally - it doesn't matter what test you decides to take (IELTS or CELPIP) - hours, days, weeks, or even months of practices will be required if you want to get your desired result