+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on Car while doing soft landing

Puneet076

Mar 22, 2019
Hi All,

I am planning to do a soft landing from the USA through Detroit-Windsor border using my personal car. Since I have an auto loan on my car, will there be an issue as I need to be quarantined for 14 days as well? Any documents that I need to carry?

TIA

Reactions: rodsamlisa

Puneet076

Mar 22, 2019
What does an auto loan have to do with self quarantine?
The point I was trying to say that I have to stay in Canada for 14 days and not just going back on same day. I am concerned if officer at border will allow the car with auto loan and if yes, then what all documents I need to provide.

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
It wont be a problem. All they will ask whether you are importing car now or later. You can say, it will be later and that you have listed in Goods to follow.

kubernetes

Jun 23, 2020
Hi All,

I am planning to do a soft landing from the USA through Detroit-Windsor border using my personal car. Since I have an auto loan on my car, will there be an issue as I need to be quarantined for 14 days as well? Any documents that I need to carry?

TIA
Hello Puneet,

Did you check with CBSA if they are allowing soft landings lately?

Thanks

Puneet076

Mar 22, 2019
Hello Puneet,

Did you check with CBSA if they are allowing soft landings lately?

Thanks
I have not checked with them but I am sure if I call them they will say it is not allowed as soft landing is not an essential travel and with recent instructions from IRCC, soft landing is not allowed.

kubernetes

Jun 23, 2020
I have not checked with them but I am sure if I call them they will say it is not allowed as soft landing is not an essential travel and with recent instructions from IRCC, soft landing is not allowed.
When are you doing soft landing? Also do you plan to use AVR or you have a valid stamp?