+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claims in Montreal

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
6 to 12 months just for decision ? is this Montreal time line ? in Toronto is not more than 3 months .. is Montreal has more cases than Toronto ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
6 to 12 months just for decision ? is this Montreal time line ? in Toronto is not more than 3 months .. is Montreal has more cases than Toronto ?
Pretty sure getting a hearing if you are determined to be fast track is variable but very few cases get heard in 3 months. Most fast track cases still take 6-12 months to be heard.

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
Pretty sure getting a hearing if you are determined to be fast track is variable but very few cases get heard in 3 months. Most fast track cases still take 6-12 months to be heard.
thanks ... I mean paper decision no hearing .. how long it takes to get decision.. by 6-to 12 months you mean by this period from the date of initial application or 6-12 months from the date the evidences sent ? are you referring to Montreal or Toronto ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks ... I mean paper decision no hearing .. how long it takes to get decision.. by 6-to 12 months you mean by this period from the date of initial application or 6-12 months from the date the evidences sent ? are you referring to Montreal or Toronto ?
NOD can be received after a week or months after hearings. If you are receiving legal aid you would have to switch lawyers and moving to Ontario and moving would will be expensive and rents in Toronto are often double or triple the rent in Montreal . There are no standard processing times for either locations.

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
NOD can be received after a week or months after hearings. If you are receiving legal aid you would have to switch lawyers and moving to Ontario and moving would will be expensive and rents in Toronto are often double or triple the rent in Montreal . There are no standard processing times for either locations.
I live in Toronto, never been in Montreal ,, the file moved there by IRB, hear that in Montreal it takes 2 years even for fast track is that real ?