+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming points for my brother's sister

BluePen

Nov 20, 2020
Hi. I am the primary applicant in our express entry FSW program. I received ITA yesterday. My husband's sister is a canadian citizen and I want to claim points for her. Now in my initial application before ITA , in the question "do u have a relative in canada?" I answered yes.

After receiving the ITA, the application has been elaborated a little. They asked the question "do u have a relative in canada" from both me and my husband (dependant)

Should I say no to the question? Because my husband has to mention *yes* because it's his sister we are claiming points for.

Should I answer the question with *no* ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I am the primary applicant in our express entry FSW program. I received ITA yesterday. My husband's sister is a canadian citizen and I want to claim points for her. Now in my initial application before ITA , in the question "do u have a relative in canada?" I answered yes.

After receiving the ITA, the application has been elaborated a little. They asked the question "do u have a relative in canada" from both me and my husband (dependant)

Should I say no to the question? Because my husband has to mention *yes* because it's his sister we are claiming points for.

Should I answer the question with *no* ?
Yes you should answer no.

BluePen

Nov 20, 2020
Thanks, I hope it wont affect my application because my crs score remains the same even if I had picked "no" previously in the pre ITA application. Should I let them know in a formal letter anyways?