+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming 50 points for valid job offer.

Jul 9, 2018
I'm currently working on work permit that was approved after getting positive LMIA, work permit is valid until june 2022, however the LMIA is expired.

My company has agreed to provide a job offer that guarantees my employment for more than a year after I get PR.

can I claim 50 points for having a valid job offer even though the LMIA is expired?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes, if you meet ALL of the following criteria:

“if you’re currently working in Canada in a skilled trade job a work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA, and:
  • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued
  • your current employer(s) offered you a full-time job if you’re accepted as a permanent resident, in a job that is in the same three digit level of the NOC as your current job, for at least one year”
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
I have a query. Can I claim 50 points for a job (category A) under CEC, I have a one-year offer letter starting June 2022, and currently I am working in same company in Canada. Appreciate your suggestion

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020