+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claimant's Intention to Proceed

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I seeked asylum late 2018. Just received a letter requesting me to sign an intention to proceed with my claim form before RPD can schedule a hearing.

I've got 2 concerns and I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light.

1. I'm instructed to return the signed form to the RPD's "Legacy Plus Team". Any idea what that means? Are cases from 2018 now considered Legacy?

2. Are hearings still solely carried on online? Do I have a choice to opt out and wait for an in person hearing?

Ab2018

Oct 8, 2020
Did you sign the consent form for the pilot virtual hearing ? Did you get a hearing date or not yet ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I seeked asylum late 2018. Just received a letter requesting me to sign an intention to proceed with my claim form before RPD can schedule a hearing.

I've got 2 concerns and I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light.

1. I'm instructed to return the signed form to the RPD's "Legacy Plus Team". Any idea what that means? Are cases from 2018 now considered Legacy?

2. Are hearings still solely carried on online? Do I have a choice to opt out and wait for an in person hearing?
The legacy team may have finished with the legacy cases and are trying to tackle the oldest cases in the system. It does say legacy plus. Assume you are the plus.

Reactions: Jok Sue

Deepaksaud

Nov 3, 2020
Did you sign the consent form for the pilot virtual hearing ? Did you get a hearing date or not yet ?
I have signed consent for the pilot virtual hearing and I haven't received the hearing date and received the same 'Intend to Proceed’ letter today. What does it mean?

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I have signed consent for the pilot virtual hearing and I haven't received the hearing date and received the same 'Intend to Proceed’ letter today. What does it mean?
Could you please elaborate what this consent is about? Are you required to accept a video hearing or you have a choice to opt out and wait for an in person hearing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Could you please elaborate what this consent is about? Are you required to accept a video hearing or you have a choice to opt out and wait for an in person hearing?
Based on what we've seen here, yes, you have the option to say no to the virtual hearing and wait for an in person hearing. Of course the downside to waiting for the in person is that we don't know when they will restart.

Reactions: Jok Sue

Ab2018

Oct 8, 2020
My friend signed the consent form for the virtual hearing and didn’t receive date for hearing and didn’t receive this “intend to proceed “ letter.