+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months?

Hu88a

Oct 3, 2019
Hi. I am sponsoring my common law partner from Jordan. We are completely finished our application (!) except for this one part that we do not understand. Immigration not answering the phone because of covid 19.
His Country specific requirements include “Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months”. Does anyone know what this means? We have his birth certificate but of course it was issued a long time ago. We don’t have marriage documents as our common-law relationship isn’t recognized where we live in Jordan. Does anyone know what this refers to? Thanks!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi. I am sponsoring my common law partner from Jordan. We are completely finished our application (!) except for this one part that we do not understand. Immigration not answering the phone because of covid 19.
His Country specific requirements include “Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months”. Does anyone know what this means? We have his birth certificate but of course it was issued a long time ago. We don’t have marriage documents as our common-law relationship isn’t recognized where we live in Jordan. Does anyone know what this refers to? Thanks!
A document issued to confirm civil status by the Civil Status and Passport Department

https://portal.jordan.gov.jo/wps/portal/Home/GovernmentEntities/Ministries/Ministry/Ministry of Interior/Civil Status and Passports Department?nameEntity=Civil Status and Passports Department&entityType=sub

http://www.cspd.gov.jo/en

Hu88a

Oct 3, 2019
Thanks @Eveslm!
I came across this link elsewhere - we can submit his birth certificate, passport, and family book (though I’m not listed on the family book as we are common law). But I’m unsure because it says the “civil status certificate” must have been issued in the last six months. Of course his documents are older than that. Do you think this means it should be a notarized/certified copy from the last 6 months?

Reemoon

Aug 16, 2020
Thanks @Eveslm!
I came across this link elsewhere - we can submit his birth certificate, passport, and family book (though I’m not listed on the family book as we are common law). But I’m unsure because it says the “civil status certificate” must have been issued in the last six months. Of course his documents are older than that. Do you think this means it should be a notarized/certified copy from the last 6 months?

Jenine

Dec 28, 2022
Hello, i am wondering if anyone have the answer of what is the Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months. Is the birth certificate, national ID, family booklet and mariage certificate is enough?
thank you in advance for your help :)