+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship

SAM Jani

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Hi All,

Those who got their PR and those awaiting decisions.

We know that Covid has adversely affected all of us. IRCC/ CIC - Immigration was working with reduced capacity and files were slow.

This has affected all of us and the delay in getting PR has pushed our wait for Citizenship by several months and for some almost by more than a year.

Canadian Govt. is helping all who are affected by the Covid situation in all possible ways.

May I request you All to write to your Member of Parliament to influence or insist upon the Immigration Minister and Prime Minister to give a 6 month Covid Relief in calculating the physical presence in Canada for Citizenship application?

If more and more people write - We may all be lucky to get an opportunity to get Canadian Citizenship early and get mental relief from stress for our families and Children.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi All,

We know that Covid has adversely affected all of us. IRCC/ CIC - Immigration was working with reduced capacity and files were slow.

This has affected all of us and the delay in getting PR has pushed our wait for Citizenship by several months and for some almost by more than a year.

Canadian Govt. is helping all who are affected by the Covid situation in all possible ways.

May I request you All to write to your Member of Parliament to influence or insist upon the Immigration Minister and Prime Minister to give a 6 month Covid Relief in calculating the physical presence in Canada for Citizenship application?

If more and more people write - We may all be lucky to get an opportunity to get Canadian Citizenship early and get mental relief from stress for our families and Children.
So just to clarify then that you want the citizenship law changed to 2.5 years physical presence out of 5 years .

• Haha
Reactions: skrba

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

FYI - the Immigration Minister and Prime Minister cannot make these changes. Changes to the citizenship act require a bill to be passed through Parliament.

SAM Jani

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
FYI - the Immigration Minister and Prime Minister cannot make these changes. Changes to the citizenship act require a bill to be passed through Parliament.
I am fully aware.

Pandemics are rare and govt. Support that we are seeing for covid is rare in a century.

We are not asking change in law but a relief for Covid.

SAM Jani

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
It is always good to ask and not be just silent and watch. You never know you get it.God is great.

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
I don't know if I should laugh on this guy who wrote the comment or on Justin Trudeau and his policies

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
We should demand those applicants who has completed 12 months after applying their application fee must be returned giving relief for covid19 as government is giving covid19 subsidies to various category either employed or self employed or businessmen.

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
We should demand those applicants who has completed 12 months after applying their application fee must be returned giving relief for covid19 as government is giving covid19 subsidies to various category either employed or self employed or businessmen.
The covid relief is coming from immigration money. How can they give it back?

Mandy232

Dec 15, 2021
Hi,

I am eligible to apply for canadian citizenship. But my indian passport is expiring in next 10 months which I am planning to renew in next 2-3 months. Can I apply for citizenship now or should renew my current passport first?

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi All,

What do u mean 6 months relief?

It is already 2 years for those who worked / studied before PR

Mubin8863@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017
Hi All,
How can I include implied status in physical presence calculator?
My work permit got expired in june 4 ,2018 … I got new work permit on June 24, 2018, ( 20 days impled status) …Then again Second work permit got expired on June 24,2019 and I became PR on June 29,2019….
Thanks in advance