+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship through Provincial Nominee Program Investor Category

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
I see lot of applicants applying through provincial program and sign undertaking but eventually settle in Toronto once they get PR. My question does anyone have experience, if there could be difficulty in obtaining citizenship through this (dishonest) method ? I have heard consultants saying absolutely no issue, but difficult to trust them.

Any comment please ?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fromdubai said:
I see lot of applicants applying through provincial program and sign undertaking but eventually settle in Toronto once they get PR. My question does anyone have experience, if there could be difficulty in obtaining citizenship through this (dishonest) method ? I have heard consultants saying absolutely no issue, but difficult to trust them.

Any comment please ?
Please read these related topics.

PNP Participants Denied Entry at the Border
http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

Examination of Members of the Provincial Nominee Class at Ports of Entry and CIC Inland Offices
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Thank you for the informative reply.

However, this is exactly what the consultants say, just do landing at that province and rest you can go anywhere.

Appreciate your comments.

AlbertaGovernor said:
Please read these related topics.

PNP Participants Denied Entry at the Border
http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

Examination of Members of the Provincial Nominee Class at Ports of Entry and CIC Inland Offices
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some business/investor programs may put a condition on your PR that you must within a certain time limit have invested in a business, created x jobs for x amount of time etc. If you fail to do this, I don't think you lose your PR but I also don't think you can get citizenship. I recall a member on this board being in that situation. His family got citizenship after 3 years but he couldn't. Ask the PNP before you apply if there are any conditions like that.

If you come in through a PNP and there is no such condition on your PR, you can generally land in the province and then move although I always say you should be aware that you have signed a document stating that you intend to settle in that province. Just because they aren't going after people for this now doesn't mean that they will not in the future. If somebody ever suggests that you misrepresented yourself by lying about your intentions, it is better that you can say that you stayed in that province for at least 2-3 months and couldn't find good opportunities there than if you say that you left a day or a week after you landed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
Some business/investor programs may put a condition on your PR that you must within a certain time limit have invested in a business, created x jobs for x amount of time etc. If you fail to do this, I don't think you lose your PR but I also don't think you can get citizenship. I recall a member on this board being in that situation. His family got citizenship after 3 years but he couldn't. Ask the PNP before you apply if there are any conditions like that.

If you come in through a PNP and there is no such condition on your PR, you can generally land in the province and then move although I always say you should be aware that you have signed a document stating that you intend to settle in that province. Just because they aren't going after people for this now doesn't mean that they will not in the future. If somebody ever suggests that you misrepresented yourself by lying about your intentions, it is better that you can say that you stayed in that province for at least 2-3 months and couldn't find good opportunities there than if you say that you left a day or a week after you landed.
1. Entrepreneurs have a condition attached to their PR re: establishing a business in Canada. If they fail to meet the T.& Cs they and their family get removal orders.
2. I think that if you read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp where the applicant doesn't have the intend to reside in the nominating province, they will be reported. If the get past this barrier and don't reside in the nominating province, there is a chance that CBSA will report them for misrepresentation. It appears that CIC/CBSA is taking a tougher stand against PNP applicants who don't reside in the nominating province.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Please see Section 6/subsection 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom..to decide yourself. Most consultants have half-baked knowledge and I can say that with conviction !!

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html#anchorbo-ga:l_I-gb:s_6

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have the right to live and work anywhere in Canada but as you immigrate, certain conditions can be imposed upon you as well as if you misrepresent yourself, this can cause your PR to be revoked. That would be a worst case scenario if a province were to decide that they are fed up with all these people abusing their PNP to get in and then skipping straight off to another province and decided to go after them using misrepresentation.

You do sign that document stating that you intend to live in the PNP province. If you never intended to live in this province or at least didn't intend to any more at the time you land as a PR, you are guilty of misrepresentation. However, the provinces have not been going after people who do this and maybe they never will. Just be aware that in the future, they might start and maybe they will start with you.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Thank you everyone for valuable inputs .....

Please note the following also

The business type immigration is based on:-
a. Self Employed - conditions applied on PR
b. Entrepreneur - in some province conditions applied on PR while in some province conditions are not applied on PR only your refundable deposit is not returned.
c. Investor - only Intended Destination paper signing is required (like Quebec program). Since it is passive investment, you may retire even, which I know few have done. There is no actual requirement to settle in that province. This is stated in several websites, which is in public domain. If this is wrong information then why these legal lawyers/ certificated consultants are not chased by authorities ?